Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension problems - what possibilties are there for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension problems - what possibilties are there for me?

Well. Tracked my ep3r last weekend at exe crew had a blast. But as some of you may know i hit the ripple strip causing me to spin out and a result of this, threw my alignment off completely with the front left wheel with alot of positive camber.

Went to my local wheel alignment and they said its not possible to align this as camber tops are pretty much in the same position. Which i kind of expected that answer.

So finally my question is. What possible parts are broken?

The only things i could think of is.

1. Bent lower control arm, does the dc5r have the same lower control arm by anychance? Please say yes. Lol

2. Strut/coilover is somehow broken...

Ive inspected it by eye but see nothing bent but its really hard to spot this.

But if anyone has any ideas on what can be wrong. That'd be great.

I will probably be putting my stock suspension on jn the weekend to rule out the broken strut.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

bent tie-rod?

broken subframe?
    ... retired/

Comment

awwww man, i seriously hope its not the subframe......

Comment

wow, never knew you could damage your car by hitting the ripple strip and spining out?
        Blaze Orange

Comment

Bent knuckle is also a possibility, though I'd expect them to be a bit more sturdy than the strut or the LCA.

I'd say the simplest way to fix it is to find a friend with an EP3 or DC5 and then just swap parts onto your car in order from easiest to hardest until it is fixed!

Comment

Thanks, ChargeR i'll give changing my LCA a shot since it's the most probable part that might be damaged. Can you confirm if the dc5r LCA is suitable for the ep3r?

Cheers.

Comment

Most likely control arm then knuckle or even both. Definitely source them second hand as they can be found for quite cheap. I found a whole front and rear stock brake setup with rotors calipers arms knuckles for 200 buks. So there are deals out there.
              eckoflyte

Comment

thanks mate

Comment

replaced the control arm with after market coilover still in place = problem still persists, positive camber.

then replaced the aftermarket coil over with stock suspension. still positive camber. so i believe its the knuckles.

Comment

Passenger or driver side? I have driver side type S hubs here if you can stuck finding one in melb.
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                    STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

passenger side, thanks benson i should be able to find one in melb, but if not ill let you know. cheers!

Comment

this happened to the rear of my S15
                        bent all the arms and coilover. just paid for adjustable arms and 2nd hand knuckles and fixed it up.

try get your hands on cheap knuckle and LCA and swap it over. shouldn't cost much 2nd hand.

good luck!
                        Tyrepower North Melbourne
                        Christopher Lai | Owner - Operator
                        0433 33 90 38 | 03 9329 7333

PM/SMS for a quote | Tyres / Wheels / Alignment

212 Abbotsford St, North Melbourne

--------------------------------
                        Honda DC2 | Nissan S15 | BMW Z4M | Honda DC5

Comment

thanks mate, will try source a 2nd hand knuckle first. but first things first i'd like to confirm if all dc5r/dc5s/ep3r steering knuckle are the same and will fit my car.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X