maxim works header cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maxim works header cat

Does the factory maxim works header that comes with metal catalytic converter legal to run on street? A shop who sells them told me the cat in it is a fake cat that does nothing other than to have a shape in there unlike the mugen header which is a true cat that is legal to run on street.

Can anyone someone please confirm this?

depending on the car it, e.g. the DC5R you can get one without cat for 2.1k or with cat for 2.8k approx. the cat in the 2.8k version does work to a certain degree but it is a "high-flow cat". if you get pulled over for a defect they usually just check with a flash if you have one or not or they sometimes tap the exhaust for a "cat" sound not sure how that works? if you get EPA then you have time to change back to stock etc. etc. best solution i thought of was that i got the maxim works without a cat and attached a metal cat onto it, a very small cat. does the job. if i were to fully cover my ass on this way then, i'd go get an engineer's cert. and everything would be sweet.

in terms of a "real" cat. or not no such thing as far as i know, the cat does have a honey comb style cat. converter. in japan they are more strict on this and i'm sure such a company as M-BIT would have a cat. that does work but does not burden performance that much. approx. your paying another 700 and that wouldn't be for a "fake" cat.

contact BEL Garage next year and confirm this, they are very fimiliar with M-BIT headers. cheers hope that enlightened your query.
    www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Thumbs up

Comment

Working...
      X