Brake swap for DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake swap for DC5

Have been looking around for a cheap brake upgrade and wondered if its possibile to swap brake setups from other hondas (euro, accord, CRV) on to a base DC5? They have the same stud patten but have bigger rotors. Any info appreciated.
    F/S: VTI-R Civic

for your base dc5 why dont you just swap on type r dc5 brakes?

Comment

Last one i saw for sale was ~$500 an i was led to belive that you needed LCAs as well. I was just thinking it may be possible an that it would be a little cheaper ( i love doing it cheap ) as they are more common.

Comment

you can fit dc5R brakes on a base as long as you can source an audm type R rotor....

or get aftermarket caliper made for dc5R along with a stock audm dc5R rotor or an EP3 stock/aftermarket rotor

z10 says:
        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
        z10 says:
        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

well if you want cheaper then $500 then i would suggest upgrading the pads good calipers is still useless with normal pads

Comment

i have tried to find ways to improve the base brakes and for your time and money, you are better off just getting better pads, tainelss steel break lines and better brake fluid.

the DC5R caliper and rotors are a good idea, if you can get it for a decent price, but honestly, to do it right, without the brake master cyclinder from the DC5R, it's pointless to do this conversion.

and also, just getting bigger brake rotors WILL NOT make the car brake better.
            Last edited by freakygeek; 15-12-06, 07:20 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

and also, just getting bigger brake rotors WILL NOT make the car brake better.
              Yer i know my brakes seem to get hot pretty quick. Thanks will try new pads and fluid.
              Last edited by Page; 15-12-06, 07:54 AM. Reason: Spelling in Quote

Comment

B R A K E!!!

Not "BREAK" which = making something not work ie Broken.
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i saw dc5r rembos going for 1k
                  Originally posted by tinkerbell
                  if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

Originally posted by IcemaN View Post
                    i saw dc5r rembos going for 1k
                    Link me up brother

Comment

Working...
                    X