Clutch kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch kit!

Hey guys I'm in the middle of doing my jdm k20 swap in my dc5r looking at the pressure plate I decided to get a new clutch kit! I'm undecided weather heavy duty is worth it. It isn't a daily but not goin to be a track car either! Feed back pleaseeee! Thanks

I track and daily on my dc5 but I can only say great things about my Exedy heavy duty. Love it can't imagine going back to a stock clutch after this

On the other hand, in traffic I imagine it could be rather annoying however Iv been in stand still a fair bit and don't mind it. As just daily I still recommend
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
      I track and daily on my dc5 but I can only say great things about my Exedy heavy duty. Love it can't imagine going back to a stock clutch after this

On the other hand, in traffic I imagine it could be rather annoying however Iv been in stand still a fair bit and don't mind it. As just daily I still recommend
      Sweet thanks good info! Is 680 a reasonable price to pay for exedy heavy duty?

Comment

I also second what dave said. HD is a decent investment, whether you track it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
          Sweet thanks good info! Is 680 a reasonable price to pay for exedy heavy duty?
          nah, it is $280 in the USA for the 08806, so 680 is an obscene price to pay, unless that includes fitting...

http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/...6/i-34409.aspx

also consider installing the HF02 flywheel at the same time, also around 250 in USA:

http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/...2/i-34615.aspx
          ... retired/

Comment

Not sure for prices because mine was on the car when purchased. but i have driven other ones and much rather mine (sorry to those I have driven) hahaah

Maybe that price does include fitting because that sounds rather expensive. Also, like tinkerbell I recommend the flywheel. Mine has the Exedy Organic fly wheel also and its a perfect pair
            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
            F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              nah, it is $280 in the USA for the 08806, so 680 is an obscene price to pay, unless that includes fitting...

http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/...6/i-34409.aspx

also consider installing the HF02 flywheel at the same time, also around 250 in USA:

http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/...2/i-34615.aspx
              That's without fitment! I found one for 490 in aus! Who should I bye from
              If us?

Comment

Does that $680 include clutch, presure plate and flywheel?

Make sure you also get the lightweight flywheel installed at the same time. Not sure if you are running the Aus or JDM gearbox, but either run a JDM flywheel or lighter (Excedy, Toda etc). To get the most out of the engine (If you are running the AUDM gearbox), get a JDM final drive also.

If you get the HD clutch, you'll also need to look into changing the engine mounts also as the clutch is a fair bit more harsh.

Comment

i used to import a lot of stuff, and the follwoing sites are reliable;

THmotorsports
                  Titan
                  Lightning

and ALL sites stock Exedy

dotn worry about using the online store as you are a INTL customer - you are after 08806 + HF02, so for example email each site like this:

------
                  Hi,

i am after a price of the following parts shipped to Sydney, Australia:

Exedy clutch - 08806
                  Exedy Flywheel - HF02

Thanks,

-------

then compare the shipping quotes... (they might ask you for a post code - using a work address that is manned 9-5 is the best...)

good luck,
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                    doubt it - he said it was AU local shop, which are all unable to compete with the USA prices...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Make sure you also get the lightweight flywheel installed at the same time. Not sure if you are running the Aus or JDM gearbox, but either run a JDM flywheel or lighter (Excedy, Toda etc). To get the most out of the engine (If you are running the AUDM gearbox), get a JDM final drive also.

If you get the HD clutch, you'll also need to look into changing the engine mounts also as the clutch is a fair bit more harsh.
                      Im not running the jdm gear box! What is the difference between the two ? And 680 is not with the fly wheel included!

Comment

I find the stock clutch works fine, but everybody loves that crisp tyre chirping grippy clutch feeling. Makes them feel better. Since a stock clutch will most likely be more expensive just get the Exedy, I have driven a couple and they feel just like a new OEM clutch except slightly more firm and grabby.

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
                        Im not running the jdm gear box! What is the difference between the two ? And 680 is not with the fly wheel included!
                        45SET is mistaken, the Australian Type R box is the same as the JDM 02-04 Type R one.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                          45SET is mistaken, the Australian Type R box is the same as the JDM 02-04 Type R one.
                          Final drive is different between the two, which is what gives the JDM DC5R superior acceleration over the AUDM one.... along with the better engine...

Comment

Final drive is different between the two, which is what gives the JDM DC5R superior acceleration over the AUDM one.... along with the better engine...
                            Sorry mate you're mistaken, I've swapped an AUDM gearbox for a JDM one and also driven a JDM DC5R. The ratios and final drive are the same. Both boxes (AUDM DC5R and 02-04 JDM DC5R) have the same gearbox code, Y2M3. Here are the ratios if anyone is interested: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              Sorry mate you're mistaken, I've swapped an AUDM gearbox for a JDM one and also driven a JDM DC5R. The ratios and final drive are the same. Both boxes (AUDM DC5R and 02-04 JDM DC5R) have the same gearbox code, Y2M3. Here are the ratios if anyone is interested: LINK
                              Gearbox code means nothing, JDM(96 and 98) and AUDM DC2Rs have the same gearbox codes yet have different final drives and different ratios.

Comment

Working...
                              X