Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HELP] DIY Adjust coilovers

Hey guys,

Can someone help me with steps, How to adjust your coilovers height? Or should i just take it to the Shops?

Cheers

PS. They're Buddy Club N+ coilies btw

Comment

jack up ur car and use the forks that come with it. losen the spring mounts and spin it all the way down to the bottm.

simple.
      dol me.

Comment

Well you can do the front ones on the car but the rear need to be removed.

With the fronts jack up the car, take the wheel off and loosen the lower perch (should be the black one). Use your spanners to wind the shock & spring into the body to lower or out to raise. Tighten the lower perch up. Most say the spanners are not up to this task and that you need to use a hammer and screw driver.
        01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

and always do a wheel alignment once your finished lowering your car

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
            and always do a wheel alignment once your finished lowering your car
            DC5r yes
            but on EG/EK/DC2 i dont think adjusting coilover height stuff up the wheel alignment.
            JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace AU
            25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572365
            Email : yonas@jdmyard.com

Comment

is this dc2r or 5r?
              i use the wrench supplied with the coilovers, a metal ruler and calipers to get the setings perfect. then alignment at an alignment shop.
              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

dc5
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by eg5 View Post
                  DC5r yes
                  but on EG/EK/DC2 i dont think adjusting coilover height stuff up the wheel alignment.
                  I've actually noticed that. I've changed height 2 times since install... and wheel alignment feels perfect. I got a wheel alignment once they were installed.haven't after the changes in height.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
                    is this dc2r or 5r?
                    i use the wrench supplied with the coilovers, a metal ruler and calipers to get the setings perfect. then alignment at an alignment shop.
                    What heights did you end up with szy? =D

I would
                    a. Play around with different heights
                    b. After I finish playing around and getting a sense in how different settings feel, then book myself into east coast suspension (syd) for a corner weight and alignment (about $280)
                    c. After the corner weight try not to play with it anymore if you do, take accurate measurements along the thread of the coilover and record before changing the settings - if you keep the same ratio when changing, it shouldn't affect your cross corner weight.

I would do alignments after each change because camber changes with the doublewishbone - not sure about DC5R
                    ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
                    - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

Working...
                    X