Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber bolts & Camber Plates

Bonjour,

Time we have a Official Technical thread for camber plates, bolts, bushings so forth.

I'll start off with a question and a bit of info! Please feel free to add

My DC5R is at the moment running 2 camber bolts per side, a upper and lower. Went to BT motorsports yesterday for tyre fitments and wheel alignment and he told me it can be dangerous to run all 4 bolts and that i should remove the BOTTOM bolt and replace with stock bolt.

My issue is, if i do run just the single camber bolt per side i MAY not have enough camber to clear my wheels.

I'm trying to find some Camber plates that will suit the Buddyclub N+ coilovers.

Help?
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

sorry, where is the question?

if it is "where can i find camber plates to retrofit to my BC coilovers?"

a quick google found these:

http://www.dvrace.com/caster.html
    ... retired/

Comment

You don't need two sets of camber bolts on N+ anyway, the upper hole on the strut is slotted to allow you to adjust camber. The guy at BT Motorsports should have noticed this and pointed it out. That he didn't makes his other comments questionable.

I ran two bolts per side for years, marked them with a paint pen and they never slipped.

If you must get aftermarket strut tops then the Todds/DV ones aren't bad. Just be aware that they will jack up your front ride height by 20mm at least.

Comment

Since we are on the same topic
        I'm looking into the same thing to clear my next wheel set up possibly 17x9 +35 or +22 I have purchased camber bolts but havent installed them yet, I'm running buddy club n+ as well for a ep3 by the way.
        ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          You don't need two sets of camber bolts on N+ anyway, the upper hole on the strut is slotted to allow you to adjust camber. The guy at BT Motorsports should have noticed this and pointed it out. That he didn't makes his other comments questionable.

I ran two bolts per side for years, marked them with a paint pen and they never slipped.

If you must get aftermarket strut tops then the Todds/DV ones aren't bad. Just be aware that they will jack up your front ride height by 20mm at least.
          how much camber did u get with 2 bolts Tom?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
            how much camber did u get with 2 bolts Tom?
            I think I got about a degree per bolt, but one side of my car started off with slight negative camber and the other had slight positive camber (0.2° or so) so I only ended up with -1.8° total per side. This is with otherwise completely stock DC5R suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

so your saying with the n+ we could get more camber because of the strut is slotted?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                so your saying with the n+ we could get more camber because of the strut is slotted?
                Well the DC5 model N+ I have worked on have the slotted upper hole, and I have heard from an owner that camber of -2° to -3° is achievable. I would guess the EP3 N+ coilovers are the same.

Comment

I ordered a set of 4 camber bolts, I'll update once I can work out my new settings
                  1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                  1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                  2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                  F1 Nut

Comment

When I did my alignment at Jax they didn't acctually use my "camber" plates to do my camber, weird ay? They did everything from my bolts

Comment

i was looking at these which have a 12mm shaft just not sure what the buddyclubs are

http://www.jdmhub.com/index.php?rout...67_25311_57137
                      S2000
                      WSID : TBA
                      Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                      Smooth As Detailing
                      Incar Racing

Comment

My n+ were exactly as tom described. With one camber bolt in each side, my n+ managed to get -4deg camber up front.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                          My DC5R is at the moment running 2 camber bolts per side, a upper and lower. Went to BT motorsports yesterday for tyre fitments and wheel alignment and he told me it can be dangerous to run all 4 bolts and that i should remove the BOTTOM bolt and replace with stock bolt.
                          This is what I was told aswell by Bridgestone Smithfield. Anyone have any experience with them? I had some issues with slipping and they told me if I replace the bottom bolt as well as the top, it will be constantly slipping. They were adamant the bottom needed to be replaced with the stock bolt though I was a little skeptical.

Ive heard of people running four bolts with no problems but he came back with saying he's dealt with several track cars and knows his stuff (showing me the poster of a race commodore behind him, lol).

What you guys think?

Comment

what a fucking wanker went through my head.

If your living in the area, I always go to Jax Tyres - Liverpool. Aaron and Kieran know their shit. I live pretty much in the shire and drive down there!

BTW< I been running 4 bolts for over a year. no dramas here.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

When I was running Eibach springs on stock dampers, using SPC camber kit.

I could get -2.5 degrees negative for fronts on either side?
                              Does different brand bolts have different designs?

Done at Heismanns btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X