DC5 AP Racing Rotor Offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 AP Racing Rotor Offset

This is a pretty tricky question, but does anyone know the rotor offset for the DC5 for the AP Racing caliper CP5200-809S4.

The specs are 330 x 28mm but offset I am unsure of. I have a test rotor here which I am not 100% came off a DC5, looks to be S2K spec, according to my mech when he put it on my car it sits really far in. (I know S2k rotors fit JDM Brembo bolt on, would it be similar case? Mech sounds pretty iffy about putting them on which is why I'm not 100% sure.)

My worst case scenario is that I'm going to get the outer part of a 2 piece rotor and custom make the inner ring but thought I'd see if anyone knew for sure since I plan to order whichever part I need tomorrow.

You have the calipers right? And you have a rotor yeah? Fit them both to the car and see where you are. Or have I misunderstood? Otherwise just fit up the caliper, get 3 hands and a couple of straight edges and measure. I can give you a hand I think.

Also the hat offset on an S2000 rotor is less than a DC5 rotor, hence why they fit with the Brembo caliper.

Comment

Yeah I have it, well my mech has it. Haha I haven't seen my car in almost 2 weeks! I was just seeing if anyone had specs on the rotor on hand before I go in tomorrow. Pretty hard to find 330 x 28 on any form though.

Comment

So is THIS your kit? If so THIS should give you the rotor dimensions. Although that doesn't fit with what you are saying since that rotor has very small offset in the hat. Have you spoken to AP or their distributor?

Comment

On the money Tom! Not my exact kit but from the looks of it that might just work. I'm popping into OTR tomorrow to see what can be sourced in that spec from different brands such as PMU, DBA etc.

I kept going to the generic caliper kit site in the AP racing one since I my caliper was more "universal" rather than car specific! I'll print off that page and bring it in tomorrow and hopefully something turns up.

Comment

Well I'm waiting for the PMU distributor to reply tomorrow stating if they have any rotors in stock matching the specs on the sheet, but in the mean time I've found these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DBA-4000-...ht_1161wt_1163

Slightly narrower by 10mm and the offset should be negligible compared to stock because the disc is wider anyway. Now is just the concern about 1 piece vs 2 piece for these calipers but 1 piece should work no? Being short on time is pretty restricting on what's available.

Comment

Working...
            X