Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering a daily driver

hey guys,

i use my car as a daily driver to work and back. i dont race or track my car. however since getting 18"s the wheels stand out more and unfortuntely so does the stock height..

what does everyone think is the best drop (in terms of number of inches/mm's) keeping in mind its a daily driver - best compromise between looks and ride quality? is 2" too low, or is 1.5" enough?? comments pls?

its a DC5R btw

are you thinking of coilovers or just springs?

Comment

just springs

Comment

2 inch is pretty low. I had mine on 2 but raised it. i had scraping issues with the zorst. Its now about 1.5.

Comment

which brand/type springs did you have originally (2") and which do you have now (1.5")?? got a pic of the 1.5" lowered springs on car?? hows the ride

Comment

I have the bcn+ so the height is adjustable.
            It will ride totally different to just lowered springs on stock shocks.

Comment

my white auto dc5 is lowered on Mugen sport suspension 1.5" fixed height and my Blue TypeS is lowered 1" on Tein SS.

to be honest, i prefer the look, feel and ride of the TypeS, but it does have 17" as my white dc5 only has the stock 16" wheels

Comment

Would it be necessary to re-align the steering rod after the car has been lowered since the steering rod angle has been changed?

i had my old set of front tyres wear out and replaced at 20k kms. and now i have my new set of front tyres ran for less than 1000kms and i have a feeling that the outer edge of the tyre wears out much more than one in the middle threads.

My friend pointed out that reason that the front tyres worn out quickly because my steering rod was misaligned and i think he is right because when i looked at the a line marking of steering rod was not in a straight line. Anyone got similiar experience of this tyre wear problem?

Comment

once you lower a DC5...dual to the Front suspension design....ur camber will increase and also will increase the toe...if you lower it to about 1" which I try before ....my camber will be about -1.5 degree and toe in 3 degree.....you can adjust ur camber but the toe will still be around 1-1.5 and hard to get it back to 0...unless you raise it again....thats why ur tyre wear out the outer edge....you need to get it aline but also need to know what setting you are looking at....I didn't lower mine much coz is not really daily friendly....also the steeling rod will get damage easily as that happen to Spoon EP3 as well.....hope that help endy....
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Thanks, Eddie. I will send my car back to the tyre shop later to see what they can adjust for me. =)

Comment

Working...
                    X