EP3/DC5 braided brake lines: fitment differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP3/DC5 braided brake lines: fitment differences

This is just a brief informational post in case anyone is curious. I wanted to know whether there was any difference between the Australian DC5R lines and the EP3R lines, to help me decide what lines to order for my car. I ended up ordering a pair of Stoptech brake lines for the front, here's why:

Front lines
    The picture below shows Mugen lines for JDM DC5R, EP3R OEM lines, and Australian DC5R OEM lines in order from top to bottom. The Mugen lines were the shortest by around 5-10mm, with a fairly different fitting on the end. The EP3R lines were around 5mm shorter in the hose section compared to the Au DC5R lines, with a tighter bend on the banjo fitting.

The length difference and fitting difference is shown in the 2nd and 3rd pictures. This length difference between the three types was entirely in the length of line between the bracket fixing the line to the strut and the caliper. The chassis side of the lines were all the same length.

Rear lines

The rear lines are identical as far as I could tell, and the Mugen lines for JDM DC5R currently fitted to my car are also the same:

The main points to note are:
    • Mugen JDM DC5R front lines will not fit an AUDM DC5R with stock calipers, the length between the mid line bracket and the caliper is too short. Other aftermarket lines that are not fixed to the bracket like OEM and Mugen may fit, but the line length will still be less than desirable.
    • Mugen EP3R front lines would also probably not fit an Australian DC5R. Again other manufacturers might be okay, but the length could be an issue.
    • Brake lines designed for US RSX fitment will probably fit any DC5/EP3

If you have a DC5/EP3 then share what brake lines you have and whether there were any fitment issues!
    Attached Files

great post boss!!!!!

thanks for the information!!!

Comment

Good to see you got your answers Tom, probably not what you wanted to hear but at least you finally have an answer!

Good stuff mate

Comment

Nice work Tom, wouldn't have thought there to be such a difference between the fitments.

Comment

thanks mate,
          i was gunna order some ep3r mugen lines, and this info is exactly what i've been looking for,
          i might just go ahead and do it
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Nice Tom!

The EP3 has Project Mu brake lines. No fitment issues.
            Last edited by felixR; 28-07-20, 09:06 PM.
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Goodridge SS Lines on my DC5.
              No fitment issues.
              ^^ This seems to be the common way to go, they are also ADR approved.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                Goodridge SS Lines on my DC5.
                No fitment issues.
                ^^ This seems to be the common way to go, they are also ADR approved.
                Same.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

"fronts are 560mm long with a 20 degree banjo to caliper and a female to hardline M10 x 1.0
                  rears are 480mm long with 20 degree banjo to caliper and a female to hardline M10 x 1.0"

does anyone know if these would fit our audm dc5's?!

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X