Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL on after drags

hey guys,

went to the drags (thats 1/4mile run for you homophobes) and ran 14.5something.. not my best time and yes, black_spirit beat me (are you happy ed?)..

half way down my last run the check engine light comes on. I let the car cool down for an hour, checked for leaks, oil levels, smoke, noise and i reset the ecu.. everything seems fine, car seems to be running fine. i didnt bother pushing it on the way home. but the CEL light is still on.

i didnt take the car to work yesterday and let it cool over night (incase it was lighting up due ot exhaust temp). still have the CEL light after a cold start.

i suspect it maybe a short, electrical fault or a faulty sensor. all the honda dealers in perth are booked out til the 18th of this month so im gonna have to look around for other workshops that have a console they can plug into.

any suggestions or advice? thanks.

angus

maybe indicate what car it is?
    ... retired/

Comment

if its a dc, just the diagnostic connector..

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Its a DC5R
        poor bugger..

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
          if its a dc, just the diagnostic connector..
          what was that sorry?

thanks for the pm vincent.. will try that aswell. may msg u on msn on how to upload the maps.

thanks,

angus

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Spirit View Post
            Its a DC5R
            poor bugger..
            thats the one.. its blue if that makes a difference

Comment

i knew you blew ur engine trying to beat ed didnt ya, hahaha

Comment

Is the car stock?

Comment

Originally posted by staryknight View Post
                  i knew you blew ur engine trying to beat ed didnt ya, hahaha
                  yes...

Comment

Originally posted by itr_dc5 View Post
                    Is the car stock?
                    nope intake, header and exhaust

Comment

i went to the workshop down the road and their diagnostic tool is not compatible with my car. luckily.. (from a suggestion from a fellow member - thanks you know who you are. ) i brought my hondata kpro. i have yet to get it installed and tuned.

we plugged it in, started it up and checked under the error code section of the kmanager software. we discovered there is a faulty secondary o2 sensor. hopefully it wont cost much to replace, will find out tomorrow!

i hope it gets fixed by sunday so i can compete in the grand finals of my autokahana event!!

Comment

good to see you got it sorted angus, well nearly.

out of interest how are you going to tune the Kpro?

Comment

You disable the secondary o2 sensor with K-pro anyway so it's not really anything to worry about. If you are currently running a stock computer and no cat (I notice you said you have a header) you will get a CEL after a while of running as a matter of course.
                          01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

Yeh new O2 sensor is gonna set you back about 250$

Just Put your K-Pro in and switch the secondary sensor off...
                            NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Yeah just throw it in.. I put my k-pro in last night, on to my third map revision already as the data logging and software are so sweet it is quite an easy process. My mate with an S2000 is green with envy.
                              01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

Working...
                              X