DC5 suspension potential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 suspension potential?

knowing how the integra is ff and uses mac phersions strut instead of wishbone. im just wondering how easy is it about tuning sus to perform well in corners? I know that wishbone is easy to config but with mac struts being simpler in design and function will it be harder make perform better. Trying to make a car good around twisties and currently drive an ek in market and selling for a dc5. Im sure there is heaps of people here that previously owned a EK before soo im keen on people experience with one and moving onto a dc5. I cant really push it around corners test driving on normal road with sellers cars so any input on it would be nice.
    thanks in advance first
    Last edited by manonastick; 26-04-12, 01:24 AM.

Not that a own a dc5 or a ek.
    But in stock form. there is alot of tight tracks were the dc5r has lapped faster then wrx's. You tube it. So they handle very well to out lap a awd with better power to weight ratio,. As for performance you could always look at coil over's, sway bars, bracing ect
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

The dc5 is said to have a fue faults in the design, yet even in stock from it is a great performer! As Karl said coil over's, swaybars, bracing are the best place to start. Going more advanced roll center adjusters and wheel aligment tuning to suit your style of driving. I think the key is not to lower the car to much as it wastes all the money you spent to get the car to handle. but all of this is useless if you have crap tires!

Comment

As wpg81 says, the DC5 has some flaws particularly when compared to earlier Hondas. Bad bump steer, limited front caster and not a lot of camber gain in compression (though this is a fault of pretty much all McPherson struts). On the street though, with basic modifications, I doubt you will be unhappy with the cornering performance.

Comment

DC5 is a pita to setup, I'm never happy with mine, Would go back and do k swap DC2 had I have known lol.

DC5 also seems to love holding an alignment for about 2 minutes, mine somehow lost a degree of front camber on the rhs only and the camber plates have not moved, go figure that one haha.

Comment

Well my main reason to upgrade to dc5 is to get a taste of the of tasty k20 engine =D
            got enough of not enough power to go up hill while aircons on and can't get money to throw at the ek. Since i havent worked on suspension on the EK yet i should be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
              DC5 is a pita to setup, I'm never happy with mine, Would go back and do k swap DC2 had I have known lol.

DC5 also seems to love holding an alignment for about 2 minutes, mine somehow lost a degree of front camber on the rhs only and the camber plates have not moved, go figure that one haha.
              Lucky i have a cxi ek than, dont even have any sway bars haha the body rolls breaks the g charts lol havent got sweet taste of the potential of the chasis yet + owned it most of time with some s**t chinese tires. Can't get money to get engine swap currently but able to borrow rents money and pay back weekly to upgrade to a better car. Sucks being a Uni student + working you lose alot of free time and the only thing that makes me happy is while driving ;D I will get a EK (with a k20) again once i get a full time job with expendable cash. i love how it makes me happy despite the poor handling characteristics i current have. I either understeer or oversteer but its fun.

Comment

Working...
              X