Clutch depressed sound and rattling noise when air con on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch depressed sound and rattling noise when air con on

Hey guys, just test drove a dc5 type s tonight.

Had 2 issues;

1- depressed clutch there is a clicking/knocking noise. This happens when i press/depress the clutch

2- air con on high, rattling noise, possible heatshield.

Lets talk!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

The rattling noise may be somthing bouncing up and down hitting the fan.. Had this in my DC2R.. Some random piece of plastic
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

My dad had a problem like this once, he said something about Gearbox Rollover?

Comment

I get that little bit of a noise when i press the clutch in my dc5r aswell :/ not sure what it is though
        Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Very common thing in the DC5. I have this noise myself
          Lubricating the pivot point on your regular service intervals will help minimize or remove this noise.
          If it get's worse and worse, i heard changing your master cylinder fixes this problem.

Comment

Is it a major issue - this noise when pressing the clutch? I do not want to buy the car and it will lead onto something major/expensive in the future.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              Is it a major issue - this noise when pressing the clutch? I do not want to buy the car and it will lead onto something major/expensive in the future.
              New clutch time man, I had the same ticking springy sound on my oem clutch, throw out bearing...

Comment

Hey guys, just test drove a dc5 type s tonight.

Had 2 issues;

1- depressed clutch there is a clicking/knocking noise. This happens when i press/depress the clutch
                http://www.ogura-racing.com/
                ... retired/

Comment

Thanks guys, steve, this clutch is much more worn then mine. Grabbed/caught quite high
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

I had the problem shortly after purchasing my 02 DC5 at 98,***km and it now almost has 140,***km...

Umm the problem no longer exists and still rocking the OEM clutch.
                    Apparently, it still feels like brand new to most

Comment

Working...
                    X