Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Central Locking Issues?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have any issues with their central locking?

When I first bought my car in 2008, I could lock and unlock both doors with my remote, but once inside the car, I could only lock both doors, not unlock it. The dealer I bought the car off said they were gonna buy replacement parts to replace it but they never got back to me.

Almost 4 years later, all of a sudden, the passenger door no longer locks or unlocks with the remote. The driver door still locks and unlocks. And I can still lock the driver door from the inside switch.

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Or know a fix?

Cheers!

As far as I know its a common problem with DC5's. The locking actuator has pooped it self. Need another 1 of those.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using fapatalk
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

Awesome. Thanks man.

Comment

Not only the dc5 but most hondas of that era, like my ep3. You dont need an OEM one because thats gonna cost an arm and a leg, just get a aftermarket central locking motor.
        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Mine does that all the time. I found a way to fix it temporarily. It will happen again but you can just repeat the steps. Do you remember how the old cars you have to lock it first then close the door while pulling on the handle? Do this, works for me idk if you'll have the same outcome but yeah. Let me know how you go

Btw it might not work the first time but try it every chance you get. I did it for a week as i always had a passenger in the car and i got them to lock it like that. Then all of a sudden i noticed it worked again
          Last edited by Hau; 21-03-12, 09:13 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
            Mine does that all the time. I found a way to fix it temporarily. It will happen again but you can just repeat the steps. Do you remember how the old cars you have to lock it first then close the door while pulling on the handle? Do this, works for me idk if you'll have the same outcome but yeah. Let me know how you go

Btw it might not work the first time but try it every chance you get. I did it for a week as i always had a passenger in the car and i got them to lock it like that. Then all of a sudden i noticed it worked again
            Yeah, this seems to work, got my girlfriend to lock the door before closing it, or I'd lock it before closing it. All of a sudden, the door would lock and unlock again when using the remote...

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
              Yeah, this seems to work, got my girlfriend to lock the door before closing it, or I'd lock it before closing it. All of a sudden, the door would lock and unlock again when using the remote...

Thanks for the help guys!
              Glad it worked. Strange though how these things stop working the then starts working again
              sigpic

Comment

have similar issues with mine. but i just live with it. also my parker lights and tail lights dont blink when i remote lock and unlock.

may i ask where is it that you source a (quality) aftermarket central locking motor?
                eckoflyte

Comment

Working...
                X