Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S mount issues?

hey
    im in the process of selling my current car for a new dc5 and just wondering if the dc5s has the issues of weak mount that existed in the 02~04 type rs?
    thanks

Originally posted by manonastick View Post
    hey
    im in the process of selling my current car for a new dc5 and just wondering if the dc5s has the issues of weak mount that existed in the 02~04 type rs?
    thanks
    By weak mount are you referring to the engine mounts?
    If so, i think the engine mounts in the EP3 and DC5's (aswell as the base model, type r and S) all suffer from weak engine mounts.
    Then again, engine mounts break due to wear and tear and also how you drive the car.
    Some DC5's that are babied might have engine mounts last 250,***km etc, some might break at 100,***km...
    My first mount just broke (drivers side) at roughly 136,***km, after doing 2 tracks day aswell, i think that's fairly good for OEM.

Regardless if you buy a Type S or not Type R, i think engine mounts are still the same issue, they are practically the same car due to using the same chassis, just a few slight differences that's all.
    Everything is designed to break as it's normal wear and tear. If you don't want future problems with mounts, then i suggest you consider aftermarket, possibly Innovative, Hardrace, Hasport, J's Racing Etc To list a few.
    Research and pick something that suits your needs.

Thats if your referring to Engine mounts.
    Last edited by MYDC5R; 19-03-12, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Highly reccomended mod. Better driving feeling and aftermarket mounts wont crack as easily as oem.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

As above, they are all poor. The mounts were slightly revised for the Type S but they still suffer from the same issues.

Comment

ah ok
          cause all the type S im looking have 80~90k kms on them.
          I was think during the major service then ill buy some hasport mounts and change them as well.
          anyways thanks

Comment

Quick question.. what miunts from the manual dc5 can be used in an auto dc5... i reckon its front/side/drivers. I think the only different designed mount is the passenger/gearbox side
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Working...
            X