Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoptech or Brembo BBKs

Hey all!

Eventhough I don't have my NSX yet, I'm already thinking about a handful of small mods to improve handling and safety...bigger rims with wider tyres...suspension...

Another of these things is what some people deemed to be the NSX weakness...the floating calipers.

What are your experiences with Honda floating caliper brakes?

I upgraded my turbo Forester brakes to 4pot/2pot WRX setup. The Golf R32 has floaters which are already pretty good in performance...big discs.

The NSX won't be tracked so the brake upgrade may only be more of a bling/wank factor and may not be worth the $$$.

And it seems it's quite expensive importing Stoptech or Brembos from the states............................

Cheers.

If you're not going to be tracking the car I'm sure the OEM brakes will be more than enough for day-to-day driving.

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to think it's not worth it for the looks, not when the most spirited driving will be around reefton, blackspur, king lake, st andrews. Can't wait for the day when it's a reality...

Comment

Just do the general pads/rotors/lines and fluid upgrades first.
        k20A DC2R

Comment

Spoon or Wilwood for a bit of bling?
          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Originally posted by k20eg View Post
            Just do the general pads/rotors/lines and fluid upgrades first.
            Yeah, definitely the pads......love my DBA 4000s.

Originally posted by Perry View Post
            Spoon or Wilwood for a bit of bling?
            I've heard a few negatives about Wilwoods?

Comment

warlping (spelling? in track conditions?
              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Ta.

Look at me, I don't have the car yet and I'm talking about brakes..............haha.

Comment

Since you're from Melbourne, Ray from ART/Technik Tuning could help you, they have a set of Acura 4 pots sitting there I think.

Comment

Thanks Khanguskhan.......I'll give them a call and see what they have. But I need the main part first, the car...haha.

Comment

If you're going to spend the money on a NSX and will be wanting to upgrade brakes, look into NSX-R brakes for street driving, otherwise spend the money and get a AP Racing or Alcon kit. May cost you a bit, but hey, you're purchasing an NSX, so it comes with the game
                      Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                      Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                      Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                      Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Thanks Sleeping, didn't realise NSX-R brakes were different............will research into it. I have come across AP Racing in the past but will add Alcon to the researching. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                        X