Where is the sump bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the sump bolt?

hi guys just wanting to do my oil change, just wondering where the sump bolt is??? might be a dumb question but thanks for your help

bottom of the oil pan.. LOL
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

If you are doing oil change for the first time, PLEASE have someone there with you, not knowing where the sump bolt is concerns me, that you might not know the safety precautions when working with the car too.

Comment

Originally posted by khanguskhan View Post
        If you are doing oil change for the first time, PLEASE have someone there with you, not knowing where the sump bolt is concerns me, that you might not know the safety precautions when working with the car too.
        This guy speaks the truth.

In saying that. No one is having a dig at you, but if you don't know the most basic thing as the location of the sump bolt, it's probably best to have someone there to give you a hand the first few times you do it.

Good luck

Comment

LOL we all start some were.. And a dc5 is not really a good car to be experimenting on.

Tip.. Always use jack stands when getting under a car.. Ive had a jack fail on me before

Remove drain bolt, then filter. Then remove oil cap and leave ontop covering hole.

Clean oil off were filter was with clean rag..

Apply thin amount of oil on gasket to the new filter.. Do hand tight plus 1/3 turn with oil rench

Clean surface then, Replace squash washer on drain bolt and reapply.. tight but not superman tight..

Clean all oil dropped from filter..

Raise car, take off stands and lower back down..

Top up oil to 2/3 between the 2 dots.. Wait 2 mins before checking oil..

When 2/3 between the 2 dots, start car give a min, turn off wait 2 mins and recheck oil..

Redue.. I always fill my oil just below the top dot never on or above..

Always do on flat level, stable ground.. Brick tires not being jacked and leave in gear and hand break up..
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

@Karl, Good tips.

None the less, if you have not done it before, its always a good idea to have someone with the knowledge to help you. On the plus side, its much easier to learn when you can watch someone do it rather than reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              LOL we all start some were.. And a dc5 is not really a good car to be experimenting on.

Tip.. Always use jack stands when getting under a car.. Ive had a jack fail on me before

Remove drain bolt, then filter. Then remove oil cap and leave ontop covering hole.

Clean oil off were filter was with clean rag..

Apply thin amount of oil on gasket to the new filter.. Do hand tight plus 1/3 turn with oil rench

Clean surface then, Replace squash washer on drain bolt and reapply.. tight but not superman tight..

Clean all oil dropped from filter..

Raise car, take off stands and lower back down..

Top up oil to 2/3 between the 2 dots.. Wait 2 mins before checking oil..

When 2/3 between the 2 dots, start car give a min, turn off wait 2 mins and recheck oil..

Redue.. I always fill my oil just below the top dot never on or above..

Always do on flat level, stable ground.. Brick tires not being jacked and leave in gear and hand break up..
              Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

any Melbourne users feel like a DIY day?
                ... retired/

Comment

diying what?
                  wouldnt mind helping out and learning something

Comment

obviously a DIY oil & filter change!

along with spark-plug check, air filter check and general look-over...

need a volunteer or two - i am obviously not going to do it as i am in Sydney...

do you know how to change oil & filter?
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                      any Melbourne users feel like a DIY day?
                      Honestly i think this would be a good idea...
                      Not that im volunteering to head it but be good to put forward.
                      Karl good tips mate, very useful honestly.

Comment

Thanks all! yeah i dont do to well with cars i usually just give it to my mate who works at BMW to do it for me. I just wanted to know where it was so i dont feel as useless this time haha. thanks for all the help now atleast i know what to do. im sure my friend would have known obviously but its just better than me standing there with my hands on my hips. got my 100k service. bought oil spark plugs and filter ready to go. yeah i always use jackstands and chokes last thing i want is to eat the front bumper whilst working with it. DIY day would be good!

Comment

One in sydney sounds good!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            Any Melbourne users feel like a DIY day?
                            I could run one, but I don't have anywhere to hold it. Does anyone else have a spacious garage/workshop? PM me if you think you have a good location.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              I could run one, but I don't have anywhere to hold it. Does anyone else have a spacious garage/workshop? PM me if you think you have a good location.
                              When the rents go overseas i could help out with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X