Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these rims be ok...

Hey Guys,

Iam going to order one of these wheels this week and I just want to get people's opinion on the size (for a lowered dc5r aussie spec). I would like the rays gramlights 57s but the offset seems to be designed for the jdm model (+48). If these are going to sit too far in the guards I will go for the work xd-9's as they seem to have better offset but maybe a little wide at 8 inches (could I just stretch some 215's on them?? drift style).

Anyway here are the specs, what do you guys think would be most practical. If they are both impractical let me know.

Rays Gramlights 57s
    18 X 7.5 (+48)

Work XD-9
    18 X 8 (+35)

Sorry for another wheel thread Cheers

gramlights is too conservative

works is stretching it. espicially if you run camber kits

Comment

I take it you mean the offset of the gramlights is too conservative and the width of the works is pushing it? Will running 215's on an 8 inch rim help the situation?

Its looking more and more like im going to have to settle for 17's.

Comment

Okay I just found the Rays 57 Maximum's come in 18 X 7.5 (in +33 or +43). Would these be okay in +33?

Comment

looks like we have another R driver in Adelaide.. we loose Gerard and Steve.. and gain sparta

welcome

Comment

Originally posted by sparta9000 View Post
            Okay I just found the Rays 57 Maximum's come in 18 X 7.5 (in +33 or +43). Would these be okay in +33?
            im running 18x7.5 +43 ce28's, +33 is gonna sit too far outside the guard. go with +43. can post pics if you need.

Comment

Originally posted by sparta9000 View Post
              33 would be good

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                im running 18x7.5 +43 ce28's, +33 is gonna sit too far outside the guard. go with +43. can post pics if you need.
                30mm is fine its just that with camber rear adjustment to -1 you might have some problems

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                  If you could post a pic of +43 that would be great. Iam just paranoid of buying wheels that sit too far in the guards. also, are you running the camber kit?

ben

Comment

Heres the ce28n in 43+mm

the rims are 17" but the width and the offset is the same so it should be excatly the same

Attached Files

Comment

It lloks like you are running less negative camber than me - have you installed a camber kit?

Comment

nup the rear is stock. no camber kit on that pic

Comment

im not running a camber kit

Comment

with the +43 offset you could run a nice 225 width tyre!
                            ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
                            - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

I would still like them further out in the guards - especially at the back. After finding out the rays 57 maximum's dont come in decent colours I may just go for the good old work cr kai as they come in 18 X 7.5 (+35) which sounds like it should be just right. hmmm...

Oh and cheers for the photo's - nice car

Comment

Working...
                              X