Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do JDM DC5 headers compare to aftermarket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do JDM DC5 headers compare to aftermarket?

just a quick question, how do these compare? lets say the JDM set against a BC set (one that i have been contemplating about). I know the JDM ones dont need me to get an aftermarket ecu whilst the BC ones are recommended that i do. is there a huge power difference between the jdm set and a BC set or other aftermarket sets? there isnt too much price difference between lets say a jdm one (around 300) and a bc one (around 450) but just wondering which one is actually worth it. thanks all

Well first of all a BC set will > JDM because it has no cat, so there is less air resistance. However it is illegal to drive on normal roads without a cat and the fine that is issued when caught is not cheap. Its one defect that alot of people just dont risk. When you say BC you mean buddyclub right? Well essentially changing your headers wont require you a change in ECU if your not fussy. However changing the dimensions of anything within your vehicle, ie intake, headers, exhaust, your essentially changing the air flow and hence require a tunable ECU. JDM headers are suited for JDM K20A cars with a PRC ECU, their compression rates are different. Aus Spec ECU is PRB, and our engine is K20A2 with also a different compression rate. So keep in mind that when modifying anything that goes through your engine and out, usually requires a tune.

Norm

Comment

Working...
    X