Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left HID is flickering and radiator issues maybe? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left HID is flickering and radiator issues maybe? Please help!

hey guys i was driving (dc2r with jdm front) a few mates from the airport today but on the way to the airport my left hid started flickering and after some time it died and it would turn back on after i turned off my lights and back on again but the same thing would repeat. i need some help on this because im not sure if it was because i installed new led parkers into my headlights or was it something else?

any help would be a greatly appreciated!!!

and secondly, i dont know why but my engine started getting really hot and i was really worried because the gauge went pretty close to the HOT mark. esp when im stationery and not moving. but when i start driving again, the gauge drops back down. when i stop and open the hood, the bay is really really hot so im not sure if the radiator is not working as it should or is it something else? because i checked the radiator fluid levels and it seems to be alright so.. can anyone help me out here???

thank you

What brand hid are they? I have mu secret ones. I dont know why theydid this but the terminal that connects postive/negative from the ballast to the oem looom. One of the terminals are smaller then the socket... Therefore it isnt a snug fit. U can electrical/gaffa tape it up
    But overtime it will come undone and lose its hold and will be loose and therefore flick as it jumps in and out. I'd check that first as its free and a simple fix. This issue happened to me and my gf (both have mu secret hid) i simply snipped the small terminal off and recrimped the correct sized terminal on for a snug fit havnt had issues since.

The water temp thing. Id bing it to a mechanic and have them suss it out - well thats what id do.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      What brand hid are they? I have mu secret ones. I dont know why theydid this but the terminal that connects postive/negative from the ballast to the oem looom. One of the terminals are smaller then the socket... Therefore it isnt a snug fit. U can electrical/gaffa tape it up
      But overtime it will come undone and lose its hold and will be loose and therefore flick as it jumps in and out. I'd check that first as its free and a simple fix. This issue happened to me and my gf (both have mu secret hid) i simply snipped the small terminal off and recrimped the correct sized terminal on for a snug fit havnt had issues since.

The water temp thing. Id bing it to a mechanic and have them suss it out - well thats what id do.
      how do i get to that terminal to start? i dont seem to have the screwdriver to unscrew the plate

Comment

Originally posted by rychu View Post
        hey guys i was driving (dc2r with jdm front) a few mates from the airport today but on the way to the airport my left hid started flickering and after some time it died and it would turn back on after i turned off my lights and back on again but the same thing would repeat. i need some help on this because im not sure if it was because i installed new led parkers into my headlights or was it something else?

any help would be a greatly appreciated!!!

and secondly, i dont know why but my engine started getting really hot and i was really worried because the gauge went pretty close to the HOT mark. esp when im stationery and not moving. but when i start driving again, the gauge drops back down. when i stop and open the hood, the bay is really really hot so im not sure if the radiator is not working as it should or is it something else? because i checked the radiator fluid levels and it seems to be alright so.. can anyone help me out here???

thank you
        Second one sounds like your thermo fans aren't kicking on hence the increase in temperature when idling but whilst driving it cools down (Winds blowing into your radiator)
        Check the basics, fuses and just have a little look around to see if any wires are disconnect etc.
        Sounds like your fans aren't getting any power from the current wiring. Any money if you were to be direct power from the battery to your fans, the fans would spins..

Check your fuses before anything but yeah as plAythiNG said,
        Mechanic or auto elec be a quick smart fix
        Last edited by MYDC5R; 17-02-12, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Depending where ur ballasts are
          Mounted... You may/may not have to take off fromt bumper. Basically look at ur headlights... Wiring from the bulb
          Will lead to a ballast, and from the ballast it will be two wires to the factory harness. This aecond part is what you wanna look for. Make sure the power from thecar is connected
          Properly to the ballast which powers ur hid
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            Depending where ur ballasts are
            Mounted... You may/may not have to take off fromt bumper. Basically look at ur headlights... Wiring from the bulb
            Will lead to a ballast, and from the ballast it will be two wires to the factory harness. This aecond part is what you wanna look for. Make sure the power from thecar is connected
            Properly to the ballast which powers ur hid
            lol i think ill just get deddy to look at it for me then learn from him then LOL

and thanks guys for all your advise (:
            Last edited by rychu; 18-02-12, 12:33 AM.

Comment

He has the jdm front.. So there may be stock HID's.. So my moneys on the globe.. When i change Hid at work they generally start up and turn off continuesly or they turn on very dal Also if your stock gauges reading hot.. The car is very hot.. Id be checking fans, themo stat..

Get a Laser temp meter and point it at the top hose when it reads 95 degress the fans should turn on.. If not your fan control switch near the themo stats fried

For now if you drive the car drive with the air on so the fans run!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                He has the jdm front.. So there may be stock HID's.. So my moneys on the globe.. When i change Hid at work they generally start up and turn off continuesly or they turn on very dal Also if your stock gauges reading hot.. The car is very hot.. Id be checking fans, themo stat..

Get a Laser temp meter and point it at the top hose when it reads 95 degress the fans should turn on.. If not your fan control switch near the themo stats fried

For now if you drive the car drive with the air on so the fans run!!!!!!!!!
                what do i have to do to get to the hids? it seems the projectors are hidden somewhere and need to have some plate unscrewed to get to it ):

Comment

Yer no offence its abit complex and dont think you be able to do it.. Take it to a place that deals alot with Teg and half cuts... Prestige motors does.. Other than that Jdm concept sell the parts!!!!!!! Also dont touch globe with hand!!!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

MYDC5R is on the money, I would look at your thermo fans first. There is a troubleshooting section in the workshop manual for the DC2R (Section 22-8) I believe, but the main things to check are the fan motors by applying battery voltage to them, and the relays. If your stock gauge approached the "hot" mark then it was very very hot. Don't drive it until you sort out the problem.
                    Last edited by ChargeR; 18-02-12, 08:19 AM.

Comment

alright will do guys. just want to get my dc2r all cured and back on the road asap :P

Comment

Drive only during day light.. You have from like 6 am to 730 atm.. Or go low beams and fog lights looks epic!!!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Start your car and put your aircon on, you fans should automatically turn on once the aircon is pumping to see if they are working at all.
                          S2000
                          WSID : TBA
                          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

ok i just did a quick diagnosis. i think my fans not running thats why while driving its cooler and stationery its hotter. maybe the thermostat or fan switch is fried i dont know. but yeah gonna get it checked by my mechanic on monday

Comment

Originally posted by rychu View Post
                              ok i just did a quick diagnosis. i think my fans not running thats why while driving its cooler and stationery its hotter. maybe the thermostat or fan switch is fried i dont know. but yeah gonna get it checked by my mechanic on monday
                              Thermostat is fine.
                              Get your fan switch checked, if thats fine, then my money is down on wiring being abit worn which is not giving enough power to your fans for them to start spinning.

Comment

Working...
                              X