Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Header Information

Hey guys,
    After i make my few purchases coming up in the next 2 weeks, headers are next on my agenda, question.
    Using just a 4-2 Section Example, J's Racing or Spoon Sports into the JDM Collector 2-1, are there any real benefits in this??

I understand the TODA head is 4-2-1 from memory.
    I know alot of people recommend this is the way to go but im just curious for some more information as i don't really don't wanna double purchase as im now going to have to replace my Xforce Catback system which i first bought on the car 2 years ago.

Any information or recommendations would be great,
    Thanks heaps.

I have heard of good gains using the JDM after market 4-2 with the JDM DC5 stock 2-1 collector. But yet i think a full after market headers would produce more gains.

Comment

The Spoon Sport & J's Racing 2-1 section was developed for N1 racing.
      Where regulations prevent the change of the top section.
      In their class of racing they work well. But N1 is also "Stock" Car racing.
      The top section is available so people actually consider buying it.
      The gains, to be frank are mediocre at best when compared to what else is available for similar money.
      If you're on a budget, its hard to go past the kid-racing header. They have their issues, but are pretty good as far as bang for bucks goes.
      If you've got more of a budget, look at Toda or SSR & you pretty much can't go wrong.
      There are also more expensive products out there than these.
      Eg: Maxim Works (MBit) & Mugen, but in reality, they're over priced as the don't outperfom units like Toda or SSR.
      Hope that helps
      TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
      TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
      Official Australian Distributors
      Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Originally posted by TODA AU View Post
        The Spoon Sport & J's Racing 2-1 section was developed for N1 racing.
        Where regulations prevent the change of the top section.
        In their class of racing they work well. But N1 is also "Stock" Car racing.
        The top section is available so people actually consider buying it.
        The gains, to be frank are mediocre at best when compared to what else is available for similar money.
        If you're on a budget, its hard to go past the kid-racing header. They have their issues, but are pretty good as far as bang for bucks goes.
        If you've got more of a budget, look at Toda or SSR & you pretty much can't go wrong.
        There are also more expensive products out there than these.
        Eg: Maxim Works (MBit) & Mugen, but in reality, they're over priced as the don't outperfom units like Toda or SSR.
        Hope that helps
        I heard Maxim was good... But expensive as you said...
        Never heard of SSR headers?
        I know Toda are a great header, results have shown there great quality, was just after the information you've given me.
        Thank you Adrian,
        if you could shed some light on SSR Headers that'd be great

Comment

never heard of ssr headers?

american made to order

others to consider is hytec, smsp, aif

all top quality american made to order.

pricey but you get what you pay for.
          k20A DC2R

Comment

maybe do some searching on crsx mate, they mostly crap on about the kiddracing header, those who are willing to spend a bit more run the buddyclub, but it has it problems, and then you step into toda,ssr and hytec, you should be able to find more info on the ssr on there or here http://sixsigmaracing.com/
            Last edited by gunpoons; 16-02-12, 04:39 AM.
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

SSR are VERY popular with the K-Swap guys.

Reading your build thread, you have plans for your engine, and have discussed it quite a bit with your builder. This is the type of thing you should be discussing more in-depth with your them.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the kid-racing, J'S racing or Buddy Club - Basically anything cheap, as they are cheap for a reason, if you are spending money on internals etc. Do some serious research into what the Toda's/SSR/Hytech have to offer. See what guys with similar engine builds to your's are running.

Headers/exhaust make or break a decent N/A engine build.

Another thing to consider is that the K-Series LOVES to breath (This is with intake and exhaust).

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                SSR are VERY popular with the K-Swap guys.

Reading your build thread, you have plans for your engine, and have discussed it quite a bit with your builder. This is the type of thing you should be discussing more in-depth with your them.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with the kid-racing, J'S racing or Buddy Club - Basically anything cheap, as they are cheap for a reason, if you are spending money on internals etc. Do some serious research into what the Toda's/SSR/Hytech have to offer. See what guys with similar engine builds to your's are running.

Headers/exhaust make or break a decent N/A engine build.

Another thing to consider is that the K-Series LOVES to breath (This is with intake and exhaust).
                This comment i've highlight in bold is very true and i do agree with you 100%.
                Just wanted to get some information about this topic that's all, plus it doesn't hurt having this thread up for the wider community who is considering to there headers aswell.

Thanks Rob

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  This comment i've highlight in bold is very true and i do agree with you 100%.
                  Just wanted to get some information about this topic that's all, plus it doesn't hurt having this thread up for the wider community who is considering to there headers aswell.

Thanks Rob
                  Exactly. This is a very important part of any build for a N/A Honda.

Have a read of the above couple of companies, and see what they offer.

Just a pitty we can't get the "Ram style" headers they make for K-Swapped EG/EK/DC2

Comment

Kiddracing/crsx headers are a copy of the SSR (six sigma racing) American header which is an awesome piece of piping! 950 off memory, would def go for it unless you have abit more for hytech and much more patience lol.

Comment

Hi,

I have BWR (Blackworks racing) Headers over here 4-2-1 Design For K Motors $700 shipped (Special CLUBITR.COM.AU PRICE)

http://jdmaccessories.bigcartel.com/...ors-components

Regards

Marcus

Follow us on Facebook

Visit our new website

Comment

Working...
                      X