Moisture in rear tail light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moisture in rear tail light

hey guys, i got a DC2R and in the rear right tail light there is moisture. I Tryed to find a replacement seal but according to honda they dont exist anymore and replacement tail light is close to $400.
    so i was wondering what you guys think i should do or if anyone had had the same problem

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7551178...1497/lightbox/

Silcone the light straight to the car!!!!!!!!!!.. All honda have this problem.. Use a non corrosive silicone.. "Neutral Cure"
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

To add the problem isnt the light.. Its the seal between the light and chassie.. Id sit the light in the sun or above a heater so it drys out before refitting it.. Or hit with compress air!!!!!!!
      sigpic
      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Some tips in this thread

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=10633

I replaced the gasket seal that sits between the chassis and the tail light and it was all good after that.

Agree with Karl with hitting it with compressed air as well. That helped a bit in getting the moisture out.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

You must be the guy who bought Gary's car, and live around the corner from me. Do a intro dude, utilise the best forum for the Type R and immerse yourself in the culture.

I'm Louis and i'm the black on black DC2R up the road.

BTW Thanks Felix
          Last edited by cordz; 14-02-12, 05:23 PM.
          Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Originally posted by cordz View Post
            You must be the guy who bought Gary's car, and live around the corner from me. Do a intro dude, utilise the best forum for the Type R and immerse yourself in the culture.

I'm Louis and i'm the black on black DC2R up the road.

BTW Thanks Felix
            Hey louis i always see your parked around the corner but i didn't realise your on the forum and yeah just bought the car of Gary a few months ago. Will hopefully see you at the next meet
            Last edited by felixR; 14-02-12, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Have you tried calling Spare Parts at Scotts Honda, Artarmon? They will also give you 10% off if you mention you're from ClubITR
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Have you tried calling Spare Parts at Scotts Honda, Artarmon? They will also give you 10% off if you mention you're from ClubITR
                yeah man i called them and they said i would have to replace the whole light

Comment

LOL the gasket and light are 2 differ parts!!!!!!!!! I think you got a noob.. Try again!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Same Louis I met at wakefield on sat open day a few weeks back? What's happenin!
                    eckoflyte

Comment

You can also drill the bottom side of your tail lights with a 2mm drill to let any moisture out...

Comment

Originally posted by zeth_an View Post
                        You can also drill the bottom side of your tail lights with a 2mm drill to let any moisture out...
                        I dont think anyone would want to drill in their tail light, it just creates more work and issues along the track. Best bet is to use compressed air as the other guys mentioned earlier. If you have issues getting spares from Honda in Australia, I reckon source from the USA, it wouldnt cost too much (most likely cheaper) and just need to wait.

Comment

^^ Drill 2 holes on the bottom of the taillight isn't a big deal, it actually allows air into the taillight which will stop moisture build up (The foggy look) and also if any water gets inside at least it will have a place to go...

Comment

Yea it seems that lots of people around me use this method, just to save the hassle I suppose.

Comment

I guess it works, but just don't like drilling into things that perfectely work. I don't have issues with moisture with my lights at all ... so yeah. Lets see what OP thinks about that kind of solution.

Comment

Working...
                              X