No announcement yet.

Buddy Club Race Header Review [DC5R]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black_Spirit, i heard there is a "cat" somewhere inside the header but i dont think its true. What do ya think?

Comment

haha
      yeh, there def could be... ya never no

ahh bugger.. i don't think i can pull off filming the car with load on it, i dunno how i'm gonna mount the camera, so i'll just film it stationary and hitting the vtec cut off.. will post 2mrw

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Spirit View Post
        shhHhh =P
        you should be ashamed of yourself.

no respect.
        ... retired/

Comment

Anyone got pics of a modified Buddyclub header with a metal cat?

I'm interested to know how easy it is to do and how much the metal cat costs. It's not illegal here in NZ to de-cat but I am feeling the environmental pressure of running one.
          Last edited by nzitr; 05-12-06, 12:07 PM.
          01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

dont they make a metal cat that will fit jdm style buddyclub and some jdm headers?

"modified" kinda blows doesnt it? defeats the purpose of buying parts that are well finished inside no?

Comment

if there is a metal jdm cat, i've never heard of it for this one.
              And i'm going back to stock exhaust system and selling my aftermarket exhaust, as its too dam loud and backfires quite loudly too often..

the response of my car has dramatically increase quite alot, i can cruise and accelerate from 60kmph in 6th gear and it will gradually increase with minimal effort. It won't pull, but it will accelerate with relative ease, as opposed to the stock header.. the engine will change note and will struggle

and as for having no cat.... MY CAR STINKS!!!!!!!!!! i can't stand it!!! i'm so getting a cat in the new yr!!! happy tinks
              and as much as i hate to cut my header, MY CAR WREAKS!!!

Comment

Adding in one of the 2.5 inch metal cats will make it more civilised from a noise and smell point of view. Power will be still be way better than stock. The trick is to ensure you get a decent cat and a nice job done which is why I'm keen on seeing samples.

I'd hang on to the aftermarket exhaust until you have tried it with a cat.
                01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

This is the cat I am keen on using:

http://www.metalcat.com.au/

Anyone know roughly how much they cost?

Comment

they are what i reckon would be easy to add to a K20A style header...

around 350 to 500 price range, depending on size...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by nzitr View Post
                      This is the cat I am keen on using:

http://www.metalcat.com.au/

Anyone know roughly how much they cost?
                      Last time i called Toda Au , It costed $570+shipping to Melbourne.

Comment

just hope you dont have my luck eddie, if the cops pull you over with no cat, your dead meat! ive got to take some sexy battery pics for mine too to see how low mine is relative to yours, but it wont pass at the pits without 100mm clearance... soo yeh stupid cops!! GRR now i need to get adjustable coilovers for my car so i can get it raised abit to pass at the pits.

Comment

Working...
                        X