need help on camber!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on camber!!

hey guys i recently purchased a set of super advans sa3rs 16x7 +25 5x114.3 and judging from the ride height of my car and current rims that are on it, im going to have to run some camber in order for the wheels to fit into the car without increasing the ride height.

So can i get some tips and advice on camber. what do i need for camber (arm, bolts etc.)? and do i have to do for installation. thanks guys! really need some help on this

16's are fine!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Jdm Dc2R run this stock.. I wouldn't use any tire bigger then 205/45/16, put poeple are known to run 215/45/16.. Mine rubed
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

My 16x7, 205/45/16 had +42 offset and were absolutely fine. But i see how your +25 offset is a bit of a worry.

Buy the tires and try a dummy fit. Otherwise it might need a guard roll (haven't tried this) and some camber (also haven't tried this) = just always recommended solutions
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Yer just noticed you offset.. LOL very worrying
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I run +35 with 215/45r16 tyres at the front with around 2.5degrees and they sit well inside the guards. You may have to run closer to +3degrees.

Buddy club or hardrace make decent camber arms for alright prices.

Comment

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
            I run +35 with 215/45r16 tyres at the front with around 2.5degrees and they sit well inside the guards. You may have to run closer to +3degrees.

Buddy club or hardrace make decent camber arms for alright prices.
            what do i need to run camber? do i just need the bolts or do i need both the camber arm and camber bolts?

@karl: haha yeah i chose +25 because i didnt want my rim to sit in and hence make the car look like its rims are tucked in. also it was what was available on the market and i got it for an insane price :P

@cordz : yeah its gonna take me sometime before i get the rims on. hahaha here we go with cambering

Comment

You can run either arms or bolts it's up to you but using both at the same time is just pointless.

Camber bolts are cheaper but don't give you as much range as arms. The stock suspension max out just over 2degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by TOU93 View Post
                You can run either arms or bolts it's up to you but using both at the same time is just pointless.

Camber bolts are cheaper but don't give you as much range as arms. The stock suspension max out just over 2degrees.
                im running on cusco zero 2's how much you reckon i can get out of that?

Comment

Originally posted by rychu View Post
                  im running on cusco zero 2's how much you reckon i can get out of that?
                  Does yours have adjustable camber tops?
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                    Does yours have adjustable camber tops?
                    no need for sarcasm felix. :P

Because our cars have double wishbone suspension at the fronts, the camber angle is adjusted via the hub carrier as opposed to the strut suspension tops. Therefore the suspension (coilovers) you have have no affect on camber. Rather only the upper control arms have affect on static camber.

Front camber arms:
                    (http://www.rhdjapan.com/j-s-racing-n...egra-dc2-64293)

Rear camber arms:
                    (http://www.cyberspeeds.com/index.php...roducts_id=249)

There is also the above mentioned washer option available from whiteline, but it is sorta nasty and questionable.

So you have tried a dummy fit with wheel and tire?
                    Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

that size of wheel with 215/45/16 1 finger gap height you can run -3 degree camber with no rubbing on the front.

you will find more problem on the rear though... I would say you will have to roll your guards on the rear. Even if you run 205 I think it will still rub on the rear.

Comment

Just a heads up, I gave a new set up a go the other day

16x8 + 20 offset running 195/50/16 on my DC2ITR

Lowered roughly 2.5" from factory height with Function & Form coilovers (12K Front/8K Rear)

All guards have been rolled slightly, I had to use a Camber kit on the rear (I chose Blackworks kit) sitting at -3 At the moment no scrubbing issues at all from the rear.

The front, I have set the coilovers to stiffest damper and only scrub when turning a hard corner!

Hope this info helps Rychu

-Marcus

Follow us on Facebook

Visit our new website

Comment

Working...
                        X