Camber bolts for EP3/DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber bolts for EP3/DC5

Hi everyone, I would like more front negative camber at the front. Currently running -2.5 at the front on oem tie rods and with a coilover setup.

If i buy camber bolts to get more camber, will i still have to buy new tie rods (todds modified tie rods) to correct the toe angles from the increased camber from the camber bolts?

Hope it doesnt sound to confusing and someone can help me. haha.

Cheers.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

im also after some camber bolts as the most my wheel place couls get was 1degree from standard sussy parts just buddyclub n+ coilovers without using any camber bolts or camber tops.

group buy on camber bolts?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using fapatalk
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

the dc5's have shit tie rods

to get any decent camber your going to have to buy modifed tie rods,not just camber bolts

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post

to get any decent camber your going to have to buy modifed tie rods,not just camber bolts
        for more low aswell :P

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
          im also after some camber bolts as the most my wheel place couls get was 1degree from standard sussy parts just buddyclub n+ coilovers without using any camber bolts or camber tops.

group buy on camber bolts?
          You should be able to get more than -1° with N+. The upper of the two bolt holes that mount the strut to the knuckle is slotted quite a bit. I have heard of numbers around -2° to -3° being easily achievable.

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
          Hi everyone, I would like more front negative camber at the front. Currently running -2.5 at the front on oem tie rods and with a coilover setup.

If i buy camber bolts to get more camber, will i still have to buy new tie rods (todds modified tie rods) to correct the toe angles from the increased camber from the camber bolts?

Hope it doesnt sound to confusing and someone can help me. haha.

Cheers.
          It really depends on the design of the steering arm on the coilover. For example Mugsee from this forum got to -4.5° with adjustable top mounts, 2 camber bolts per side andOEM tie rods with Zeal coilovers. So hopefully someone has the exact same coilovers as you and can tell you roughly (since it will be fairly dependent on ride height) how much camber you can obtain without modifying the tie rods to gain more toe adjustment. So what coilovers do you have and how low is your car?

That said, many coilovers will require shorter tie rods to get significant camber and maintain zero toe. Mine did.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post

Didn't think you need tie rod ends on the front to go gain more - camber or is that the rear im thinking of :S

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              You should be able to get more than -1° with N+. The upper of the two bolt holes that mount the strut to the knuckle is slotted quite a bit. I have heard of numbers around -2° to -3° being easily achievable.

Yeah I always thought 1 was a little low. I'm not entirely happy with my wheel place i need a new one that know honda's/coilovers mroe than these guys.
              S2000

Flippit Photography
              Smooth As Detailing
              Incar Racing

Comment

I'm running the bc racing br series coilovers with about a 3cm gap between the tire and fender (not sure how else to measure it haha.) . Guess i'll need myself a pair of tods modified tie rods, the camber tops i know have potential to go much more.

Reason why i opened this thread is that i was hoping somehow the camber bolts could somehow bypass the toe problem when adding more camber, because i only want around another -1 camber. So i'll disregard the camber bolts for now.

So in my case i would have to fork out 500+ for modified tie rods, install and alignment just to get another -1 camber.

Comment

I'm running the bc racing br series coilovers with about a 3cm gap between the tire and fender (not sure how else to measure it haha.) . Guess i'll need myself a pair of tods modified tie rods, the camber tops i know have potential to go much more.

Reason why i opened this thread is that i was hoping somehow the camber bolts could somehow bypass the toe problem when adding more camber, because i only want around another -1 camber. So i'll disregard the camber bolts for now.

So in my case i would have to fork out 500+ for modified tie rods, install and alignment just to get another -1 camber.
                  If you were going to go down the road of tie road ends, tbh, i wouldn't probably settle for anything but (don't quote me on there name) AKOM Tie roads? I know ChargeR has used J's Racing ones before i believe and i don't think they served him to well..

Comment

Dont think akom is suitable for my application, Akom makes inverted tie rods ends and steering bracket which won't help my in my pursuit of moarrrrr camber.

I believe tods modified tie rod ends is the best solution for this, either that or get some shop to modify it for me, but im still contemplating whether i should go through all that work and money just to increase my camber from -2.5 to -3.5.

Comment

Dont think akom is suitable for my application, Akom makes inverted tie rods ends and steering bracket which won't help my in my pursuit of moarrrrr camber.

I believe tods modified tie rod ends is the best solution for this, either that or get some shop to modify it for me, but im still contemplating whether i should go through all that work and money just to increase my camber from -2.5 to -3.5.
                      There we go! Im corrected, Todds, Well done Peter!

Comment

Just buy Todds tie rods as he's been doing it for awhile now. I wouldn't trust some random shop to cut and weld my tie rods. If they snapped, it could be pretty dangerous.

I'm running twin camber bolts on my BC BR's and can probably run -4 to -4.5 of camber. Todds tie rods will be fine rectifying the toe out

Comment

I've got the same set up, BC BR tops, Todds and twin bolts and can push ~-4 depending on height. My rims are less aggressive than Matt's though.

Comment

sorry for my noobyness but whats twin camber bolts or single? never heard of twin ?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using fapatalk
                            S2000

Flippit Photography
                            Smooth As Detailing
                            Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                              Yeah I always thought 1 was a little low. I'm not entirely happy with my wheel place i need a new one that know honda's/coilovers mroe than these guys.
                              Just take it down to any popular tuner around your area who does wheel alignment. For sure I know -1 on N+ is like nothing. I'm running stock bolts and N+ and achieving like -2 or something but I know they are maxxed out on stock bolts.

As for Tie Rods, it is a must if you have quite a low car. OEM normally bends up because of the load and stress that is put on them when the car is low.

Comment

Working...
                              X