VTEC not engaging at all after rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTEC not engaging at all after rain

After noticing my vtec kickin in 6200 for a couple of months after the brisbane the last few dayz now my vtec isnt engagin at all . Im scared iv broken somfin and its now bookd in at honda for service what i have done ??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Low OIL pressure!!!!!!!! Your car is probably burning oil.. Ive seen some cars engage late because of low oil. And not engage at all because the oil is that low!!!!!!!

Check ya dip stick.. You running stock ecu??
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Service your car? Sounds like you're having a lot of problem with your VTEC.

Comment

Iv just top up my oil a week ago and yes its a stock ecu . I check my oil nd water everytime it comes out . Think iv fukd a push rod or valve wid this water latly .

Comment

wow.
          ... retired/

Comment

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/faq.php?...aq_forum_rules
            ... retired/

Comment

Is the motor still running?

I've had a similar issue with another customer vtec not working. We got it sorted out. Its a process of elimination. Expect a nice bill from Honda
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Take to honda.. Get them to see if you car has any error's.

If were me id start by leaving battery disconnected so the ecu restarts.. Change oil and filter, Maybe even use oil flush.. Oil filter may be blocked or stuffed and is affecting oil pressure..

Use quilty oil and filter.. not ryco crap
                sigpic
                128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

To me, I'm thinking it would be the VTEC solenoid. Since you said it has been playing up and then it's pretty much not engaging. If not that then you have oil pressure issues which makes it stop engaging, like as above.

Comment

Thanx for help guys hopfully hondas can sort it wid the service .im pretty cut atm that cars my baby and i did reset the ecu yesterday and nothing ..

Comment

could possibly the VTEC soleniod...... had another FN2 similar situation to yours.....
                      [b] Life starts at 5500rpm [b]

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
                        Think iv fukd a push rod or valve wid this water latly .
                        Yeah those damned pushrods are always playing up in my DOHC Honda...
                        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Try to run 12v power straight to the vtec solenoid. if it doesnt click, then thats your problem!
                          BYP Racing & Developments
                          Built. Tuned. Driven
                          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
                            Iv just top up my oil a week ago and yes its a stock ecu . I check my oil nd water everytime it comes out . Think iv fukd a push rod or valve wid this water latly .

Not sure if serious...

If you aren't mechanically minded, take it to a mechanic and have them check over the car. If the car is still running, I highly doubt you have done any serious internal damage.

Comment

im sure he is serious.
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X