Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5R transmission problems HELP PLEASE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R transmission problems HELP PLEASE!!

my dc5r is having problems getting from gear 1 to gear 2 usually it is not that bad but this morning i couldn't put it in gear 2 when i tried too, the gear grinds (i can actually FEEL IT) and im 100% sure my shifting i good.

At the moment it is drivable but it is still grinding on odd occasions when i chuck it in to gear 2, sometimes even on the down gear.

Ive been reading some forums and noticed that the 02' dc5 had these kind of tranny problems, most of the answers i got was that the gear 1-2 synchroniser was out.

ANYONE ELSE HAVE/HAD THIS PROBLEM,
    what are your recommendations.

cheers in advance guys
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Change oil, and go from there
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I have this problem also, and I think alot of other dc5r owners do as well. Maybe down the track you may have to change the synchro's i think..What I did was change the gearbox oil to redline shockproof and just becareful when shifting into 2nd. This helped me but i'm sure theres other things you can do lol
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
        I have this problem also, and I think alot of other dc5r owners do as well. Maybe down the track you may have to change the synchro's i think..What I did was change the gearbox oil to redline shockproof and just becareful when shifting into 2nd. This helped me but i'm sure theres other things you can do lol

D: so do your gears grind when you change gears? i dont wanna drive it just incase the synchros are out and my gear 2 completely wears out
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

after changing the gearbox oil and shifting properly instead of lazily I dont grind gears anymore
          Shak's S2000

Comment

Yeh usually changing oils is the first step. However if your car has done a substantial amount of km's and you think your gearbox is damaged. Taking it apart is the only option to check for damage. Only if they could develop some technology to assess the gearbox condition through the ECU or something without the need to opening the whole thing up, so you could order the parts needed before hand. But 2nd gear hard shifting is common for dc5's and even JDM spec dc5 as well.

Norm

Comment

It's common amongst all DC5's. Change oils is a must, use something stronger than OEM oils like Valvoline because of the thicker viscosity which allows the LSD to kick in properly and harder. You will notice a big difference compared to OEM vs Aftermarket oils. The reason I recommend aftermarket oil is first of all the grade is thicker and also will allow the LSD to fully run in, where as the OEM oil is thin and only one side of the LSD will run. If you get what I mean. But yeah, also as above, good advice from Norm and wanted to add in a bit more.

Comment

Stephan, keep in mind though Honda MTF was made for stock LSD. People have had problems using afermarket oils such as redline.

Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                  Stephan, keep in mind though Honda MTF was made for stock LSD. People have had problems using afermarket oils such as redline.

Norm
                  Yeah I do know that it was made for stock LSD. It also depends what oil you use, I have herd of the same problem with Redline (foaming) and hence why I ended up using Valvoline. If you know what to use then its fine. I think the next gearbox oil I will be using next will be Endless, high quality shizz and friend is running in his DC5R too, he said that it performs to what you expect it to be, obviously more expensive is usually better in certain circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                  X