Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squeeking clutch pedal

hey all,
    iv had this little problem appearing here and there . comes and goes depending on how it feels. it pretty much squeeks pretty bad when im pushing the clutch in, not so much on the way out. the speed at which i push it in doesnt make a difference. please could you help me rectify this problem of mine. thanks heaps. cars a dc2r btw.

Ilan
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

I have the same problem in my car, I've been told it might be the clutch cylinder
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

Dunno if ITR's are the same but it could be this problem...

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=180562

It worked on my car, stopped all the squeaking!

Comment

have u tried putting some wd40 on ur pedal spring ?

Comment

My old dc2r I had this problem. The first time I had a leaking clutch master cylinder and the second time it was perfect. Check whether the master cylinder is leaking it.

The sqeek is irritating and hard to get rid of. You can always try to grease it up, but you have to be careful because some lubricants will age the rubber seal - I think wd40 is one such product, but I'm not entirely sure.
          "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

yes, you are right abt WD40...

best to use the correct "grease", not a 'water displacement' product
            ... retired/

Comment

Is the sqeeking noise coming from inside or outside the car.
              I had a issue outside and it was the release bearing/fork assembly, silicone psray fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by STOCK View Post
                Is the sqeeking noise coming from inside or outside the car.
                I had a issue outside and it was the release bearing/fork assembly, silicone psray fixed it.
                Bingo. Squeaky clutch usually means fork assembly needs to be lubed. If your clutch pedal is clicking, it could be either lack of lubricant on the fork assembly or the pins and springs around your clutch pedal need a good spray o silicone.
                ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

my squeaks are coming from inside the car.
                  and its only sometimes, its impossible to reproduce.

I've noticed it happens more during cold weather and once the car warms up it kinda goes away
                  Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

Originally posted by Dny View Post
                    my squeaks are coming from inside the car.
                    and its only sometimes, its impossible to reproduce.

I've noticed it happens more during cold weather and once the car warms up it kinda goes away
                    same issues here. I just turn up the radio.

Comment

its comming from outside the car. so sounds like the release bearing/fork assembly. so il hit it with some wd40 and she will be good as gold.
                      thanks heaps everyone. this forums awesome!!!!
                      il let you know how she goes.
                      if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

Comment

hey guys, i have a problem with my clutch too. it doesn't squeak, but it "clicks" when you release it after depressing it. anyone know what this might be?
                        almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

well its been a while of on and off squeaking
                          noise has finally gone. all it took was some new gearbox oil.
                          so when was the last time you other guys with the same problem replaced your gearbox oil?

Comment

Working...
                          X