DC2R boot leak TIPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R boot leak TIPS

hey guys i have just fixed my dc2r from leaking finally so i thought i would share some my experiences learnt from locating the leak and fixing it.

so its as simple as abc:

3 possible entries
    1. tail light gasket (rear panel needs to be taken off)
    2. boot lid seal not properly sealed
    3. small air vent next to the rear bar where water can seep in and enter the chassis (side panel needs to be taken off on the left side)

possible fixes
    1. new tail light gasket
    2. silicone sealant

Thanks for sharing!

I've had a leak in the actual tail light before and the gasket had to be replaced.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

my leak is from the antenna... (S2K style)
      ... retired/

Comment

On a dc5 it mostly likely is the tail lights. I havent had a leak once ive fixed it. But we havent had much rain since. I will report my finds as i along
        sigpic

Comment

Ive found parking the car on a very steep surface creates a leak.. This is because the water seats around the boot enter rather than running off.. Dont no if was leaking before i opened the boot.. But when i opened it ever thing was soaked.. Angle was like 35 degrees front being lower..

Like 80% of dc2 and dc5's ive seen have rust around the spare wheel.. U think honda would have fixed the problem by now!!
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Mine has leaked for a while and i know it is the tail light gaskets as there are water stain marks the come from the tail lights. I've been to lazy to fix it tho, my fix is just not park it in the rain.

Comment

Mine leaked. Initially i thought it was the tailight gaskets. But after thoroughly investigating them. I couldnt find any issue with the seal caused by them.

I removed all my interior trim on the side of the leak, then sat in the boot as my father spray water all over my rear window. Surely enough the leak was not actually from the lights, rather from the actual rear bar located in the very top corner of the boot (If that makes sense). It was just leaking in between the folds of the metal of the chassis.

Quick sealant and the problem was solved.

I will not that i only had this issue when i parked on a slight slant. Like dipping one side of the car into the gutter while it rained.

Comment

Working...
              X