No announcement yet.

Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does include tyres but it's based on the value of the item itself (converted into AUD at the time of shipping, not purchase) and does not include the shipping costs.

So if the exchange rate was 1:1 your item value could be up to $1000AU (before shipping costs are factored in) and you would not incur tax.

Just make sure you have proof of the values of your items as the last few times I've brought stuff in I've had to go back and forth to supply enough evidence to make them happy about the total value.

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
      I got my last set of RE001's for $500 fitted on standard DC2R rims.

Well worth the money.
      Ummmm where? please tell do tell
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

they are now super seeded by RE002

i just ordered mine, was on special $110 OFF a set of 4.

Ended up being $592 fitted including wheel alighment (195/55/15). Too bad won't be able to test them out for another 2 weeks, car is off the road at the moment.

suppose to be much better than RE001

Comment

Who has an opinion regarding Falken RT615 Tyres in comparison with Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
            Who has an opinion regarding Falken RT615 Tyres in comparison with Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs?
            My opinion: The RT615 has been superceded by the RT615K with the same tread pattern but revised compound/construction. Everything I have read (tirerack tests, grassroots motorsport magazine) suggest that it still isn't as grippy as the Z1 and is only marginally better than the original RT615. If you are looking for high performance street tyres in that price range I guess you could have a look at the Hankook RS3 on Tirerack, a lot of guys are having success with that tyre and it is the newest of the ultra high performance street tyres and a lot cheaper than the RE11 and AD08.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              My opinion: The RT615 has been superceded by the RT615K with the same tread pattern but revised compound/construction. Everything I have read (tirerack tests, grassroots motorsport magazine) suggest that it still isn't as grippy as the Z1 and is only marginally better than the original RT615. If you are looking for high performance street tyres in that price range I guess you could have a look at the Hankook RS3 on Tirerack, a lot of guys are having success with that tyre and it is the newest of the ultra high performance street tyres and a lot cheaper than the RE11 and AD08.
              oops meant to say 615K, i was reading a few reviews saying they were horrible in the wet compared to Z1's but i find it interesting that the dry grip on the Falken is not as superior as the Street Z1 considering its a semi slick tyre?

Im just looking into a change for Honda Nats atm for the front tyres because i don;t think there will be much left of my current Z1's by October hehe.

Would you bother changing to the Hankook based on your experience with the Z1's?

Comment

oops meant to say 615K, i was reading a few reviews saying they were horrible in the wet compared to Z1's but i find it interesting that the dry grip on the Falken is not as superior as the Street Z1 considering its a semi slick tyre?

Im just looking into a change for Honda Nats atm for the front tyres because i don;t think there will be much left of my current Z1's by October hehe.

Would you bother changing to the Hankook based on your experience with the Z1's?
                I just had a look for the GRM test, and I think THIS is the one I was thinking of. I guess you could say that the RT615K uses a semi-slick style tread pattern but that is where the similarities between it and real DOT track tyres (RE55S, A050, Hoosier R6...) end. It has a similar treadwear rating to the other high performance street tyres and probably uses similar construction, not sure where it got this "semi-slick" moniker from .

If I was looking for new tyres I would definitely be looking to change to the RS3, plenty of good reports on their performance and they are nearly $150 cheaper than the Z1 for a set in the sizes I require. Even if the longevity isn't as good as the Z1s if the performance is as good as the tests suggest they would perform well at Superlap for example. If I were going this year.

Comment

I just had a look for the GRM test, and I think THIS is the one I was thinking of. I guess you could say that the RT615K uses a semi-slick style tread pattern but that is where the similarities between it and real DOT track tyres (RE55S, A050, Hoosier R6...) end. It has a similar treadwear rating to the other high performance street tyres and probably uses similar construction, not sure where it got this "semi-slick" moniker from .

If I was looking for new tyres I would definitely be looking to change to the RS3, plenty of good reports on their performance and they are nearly $150 cheaper than the Z1 for a set in the sizes I require. Even if the longevity isn't as good as the Z1s if the performance is as good as the tests suggest they would perform well at Superlap for example. If I were going this year.
                  Yes its about $50 a tyre cheaper for the Hankook in a 255 size compared to the Z1, the Z1 has a treadwear of 200 compared to 140 for the Hankook so it seems the Hankooks are better suited for the track... I wonder why they are so much cheaper?

Pretty much excluded the falkens out of the shortlist now, the R-S3, Z1 are on the narrow based on price.

Will do some interwebs searching to see if anyone stocks these tyres here. You should treat Honda Nats as your superlap

Comment

Yes its about $50 a tyre cheaper for the Hankook in a 255 size compared to the Z1, the Z1 has a treadwear of 200 compared to 140 for the Hankook so it seems the Hankooks are better suited for the track... I wonder why they are so much cheaper?

Pretty much excluded the falkens out of the shortlist now, the R-S3, Z1 are on the narrow based on price.

Will do some interwebs searching to see if anyone stocks these tyres here. You should treat Honda Nats as your superlap
                    Surely you will get them from Tirerack?

Should be around 800 landed for RS3s in your sizes, no-one will be able to beat that locally but post up what local tyre shops quote you. RS3 don't come in 235/40R17 though fellow, so you will have to step up to a more manly tyre size; 245/40R17.

Comment

Surely you will get them from Tirerack?

Should be around 800 landed for RS3s in your sizes, no-one will be able to beat that locally but post up what local tyre shops quote you. RS3 don't come in 235/40R17 though fellow, so you will have to step up to a more manly tyre size; 245/40R17.
                      hehe i was thinking more along the lines of 255 for the fronts but perhaps 245 will suffice considering my weaksos wheel offset. I will be sure to post up local prices as well for comparisons. Thanks for the input Tom your glorious gospel hath graced CITR once more

Comment

hehe i was thinking more along the lines of 255 for the fronts but perhaps 245 will suffice considering my weaksos wheel offset. I will be sure to post up local prices as well for comparisons. Thanks for the input Tom your glorious gospel hath graced CITR once more
                        255 could work but you really need a 10" wheel to make the most of a tyre that wide and you might find you like the response of a narrower tyre rather than the higher peak grip that a 255 might offer. No need to take the piss out of me either with the gospel comment haha, I will remember and have my revenge at the Honda Nationals .

Comment

255 could work but you really need a 10" wheel to make the most of a tyre that wide and you might find you like the response of a narrower tyre rather than the higher peak grip that a 255 might offer. No need to take the piss out of me either with the gospel comment haha, I will remember and have my revenge at the Honda Nationals .
                          thats a good point mate i have a feeling driver skill will be a much higher limiting factor rather then 10mm extra tyre. Not taking the piss, well maybe a little
                          In all seriousness though your input is much appreciated, i think i will be trailing you all day anyway haha. You car should be in the same class as mine, Semi modified?

Comment

thats a good point mate i have a feeling driver skill will be a much higher limiting factor rather then 10mm extra tyre. Not taking the piss, well maybe a little
                            In all seriousness though your input is much appreciated, i think i will be trailing you all day anyway haha. You car should be in the same class as mine, Semi modified?
                            CR-X will be in limited modified . Doubt I will go any good, somewhere in the teens I think would be nice for the old CR-X, it is nearly as old as me . So you will be well ahead, since your suspension cost as much as my car!

Comment

while you guys are bouncing tyre ideas around, any opinions on the bf goodrich g-force takada kdw2?
                              i'm tossing up between these and the star spec,
                              they where oem tyre on us delivered mugen si civic and s2000cr and
                              at $35 a corner cheaper than the dunlops i thought they might be worth a try
                              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

CR-X will be in limited modified . Doubt I will go any good, somewhere in the teens I think would be nice for the old CR-X, it is nearly as old as me . So you will be well ahead, since your suspension cost as much as my car!
                                what no DC5??

Comment

Working...
                                X