No announcement yet.

Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info dude. Ill have a think about those 2 tyres and hook some up.. Cheers.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Found the RE001's to have very mixed reviews...

http://www.productreview.com.au/show...?item_id=50970

Quote:
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
        I got my RE001's roughly $140 each I think 195/55/15... they have these specials sometimes so shop around. 195/50 profile even cheaper at about $120.

I used Toyo T1R before the RE001's and I can say the Toyo's felt stickier, especially in the wet. But having said that, the RE001's are pretty close, if not, on par with the T1R's. And due to being so sticky, the T1R didn't last me that long. RE001's look like they'll last me quite a while more...
        Whata the general price for a toyo T1R in 195/55/15 Got quoted $190ea. Think I can do a bit better then that?

Quote:

Comment

currently looking for a set of semis to run on my DC2R. want to put them onto a 16x7 wheel. What sizes/brands would you guys recommend?

These will be my first set of semis so a little lost on the subject!

Also would a 225/45 be too wide to fit on a 7" wheel? Should i go for a 205/55? This is for the r888s.
          Last edited by TyPaR; 24-05-10, 12:53 PM.

Comment

go 205/55 --- from experience. Slightly more mechanical grip and less heat capability but more solid platform.

Comment

hmm on a 16 inch wheel 205 45 should be the profile or your speedo will be out 225 40 16 for your next size

Comment

been running on re 001's now a couple of weeks. alot happier with them as compared to my toyo t1r's.
                Originally posted by tinkerbell
                if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

A lot of talk about the re-001s here. How do they compare with the kumho ku31s? In regards to wear and grip. Main use will be street use. Have heard good things about both but no one has put them head to head. I'm assuming they've better grip based on this:

http://www.bridgestone.com.au/lib/pd...nalin_test.pdf
                  DC5S

Comment

I had re001's before Will. pretty decent tire for the street. I remember taking a proper left ahnd corner at the lights at like 70-75km/h ... tires screeched but felt like I was in control..... Ask Stevan how thier liek for "track conditions" .. Also wear rating on the re001, i felt was quite good.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

hey guys i need new tyres and want to go from re001 to dunlop direzza Z1's, would you guys stick with th re001s or move to the z1's as i have not had any experience with the dunlops. how long does shipping take from tirerack??
                      im going to get pices locally for the dunlops so i can ge them mounted on my new wheels when they arrive if its more economical than tirerack

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                        hey guys i need new tyres and want to go from re001 to dunlop direzza Z1's, would you guys stick with th re001s or move to the z1's as i have not had any experience with the dunlops. how long does shipping take from tirerack??
                        im going to get pices locally for the dunlops so i can ge them mounted on my new wheels when they arrive if its more economical than tirerack
                        I have used RE001s, albeit in stock sizes, and fairly large sized Z1s and the Z1s are far better. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Z1 if performance takes precedence over noise and treadwear, and if the price differential isn't much. From the time of payment to me receiving my set of tyres from Tirerack took 5 days or less from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          I had re001's before Will. pretty decent tire for the street. I remember taking a proper left ahnd corner at the lights at like 70-75km/h ... tires screeched but felt like I was in control..... Ask Stevan how thier liek for "track conditions" .. Also wear rating on the re001, i felt was quite good.
                          Come on now. Let's remember this is a public forum. I'm yet to see a set of lights where turning left at 75km/h is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            I have used RE001s, albeit in stock sizes, and fairly large sized Z1s and the Z1s are far better. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Z1 if performance takes precedence over noise and treadwear, and if the price differential isn't much. From the time of payment to me receiving my set of tyres from Tirerack took 5 days or less from memory.
                            oh thats a lot faster shipping wise than i thought it would be, for Z1's in a 235/40 it would total $600Us plus shipping which you said was 290 right, is that 290 US? either way total would be around $1000AUD landed which is reasonable, only thing is im not sure how much these retail for in australia yet.
                            im mounting them on 17x9 +35 wheels so i think this is a decent size to go for and be able to maintain some "low"

Comment

i reckon 235 will be perfect on the 9" wheel... i had 235 on my 8.5 ... and it looked a bit "loose" the z1's tread pattern is sexy, and performanc efo the tire is AMAZING!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

pretty sure you can't get the z1's in australia yet
                                i concur with charger though, i've used 2 sets of re001's and probably half way through my current set of z1's and can confidently say the dunlops have never let me down in the wet or dry whereas i've had some of those ohshi- moments with the re001's

Comment

Working...
                                X