• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust DC2R oil cooler kit..?

Does one exist?
    I cant seem to find one..

There is a kit by trust for the DC2.. however there is a note:
    For M/T.@ Not for use with factory O/C

does that mean you either have to remove the factory O/C setup on the AUDM ITR? or is there another kit?

does anyone know the reason for this? is it becuase the sandwich plate would extend the filter too far back?

thanks for all your help
    Last edited by BlitZ; 28-11-06, 07:46 PM.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

yes theres a kit for dc2

danga had one, maybe he can answer your questions

z10 says:
    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
    z10 says:
    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

O/C or A/C? Don't see how it should cause any issues, a couple of us DC2R owners are using the Trust kit with no issues.
      ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

O/C = oil cooler : you *might* have to remove the factory DC2R oil cooler to install the take off plate...
        ... retired/

Comment

its a bit@#ch to uninstall cause youll need to block the coolant pipes and stuff too... + there is no room ehehhe

has anyone ever got a temp reading off a car with and std ITR oil cooler?

any advice would be appreciated

Comment

An oil temp reading off a DC2R Standard?

Originally posted by ChargeR
            Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
              An oil temp reading off a DC2R Standard?
              yeash... while being tracked

Comment

where u gettin the oil cooler kit from ? i have been looking for one too.
                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

I will take some photos of the fitment and grab the part number for you guys tommorrow.

Comment

theres a earls group buy taking place atm i think. very very good price, for a very very good product.

and for oil temps while being tracked. vtecmachine will tell you exactly but il sum it up. VERY HIGH!!
                    Originally posted by tinkerbell
                    if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

Originally posted by IcemaN View Post
                      theres a earls group buy taking place atm i think. very very good price, for a very very good product.

and for oil temps while being tracked. vtecmachine will tell you exactly but il sum it up. VERY HIGH!!
                      yeah it should be high.. but i kinda just want someone to quantify it in terms of numbers.

Cause i have been told that Spoon does not recommend the use of any oil coolers on the ITR... not sure why though

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
                        yeash... while being tracked
                        I got it to 120 degrees after 1 and half laps on a moderate day at wakey... and that's changing gears at 7000RPM. So yeahh... I highly recommend an oil cooler. It's even good for daily driving... looking at oil temps on daily driving is amazing. man our cars run hot... it's not hard to get temp up to 120 degrees, and that's all Indy from IS motor racing recommends you go up to MAXIMUM!

Just make sure if your tracking... GET AN OIL TEMP GAUGE!!! It's good to see what temps you are at. And if you have a oil cooler... get a oil pressure gauge. Rather spend a $1000 on good defi gauges and not blow your engine, than spend $10K+ to fix your engine once it's blow.

Dont worry about what Spoon says... just get one. LOL...

Originally posted by ChargeR
                        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

On A side note - Has anyone, with a 10Row TRUST OIL cooler installed, upgraded to an larger earls?

I'm thinking it would be a straight swap where the only thing I should need to buy is the core?

Or should you get new lines and fittings to avoid any fitment issues?
                          What do you reckon?
                          ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
                          - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

Originally posted by euGeR View Post
                            On A side note - Has anyone, with a 10Row TRUST OIL cooler installed, upgraded to an larger earls?

I'm thinking it would be a straight swap where the only thing I should need to buy is the core?

Or should you get new lines and fittings to avoid any fitment issues?
                            What do you reckon?
                            i remeber someone upgraded from earls 9 row to a slight bigger one if that might help ya
                            ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

then again why would u want to upgrade to a bigger core? the trust 9 row one is pretty thick compared to earls and so on. thicker the better? hmmm
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #004

Comment

Working...
                              X