Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Hondata K-Pro Review

hii there

i have a dc5r modded with i/h/e that i absolutely love to death.... lately its been a love hate relationship with my baby when the engine light comes on sometimes, the ideal goes all weird and just not happy with its over all performance !!!
    My car is a daily drive i just want a beast ...but is it all worth it ????

firstly my teg isnt the youngest thing out there its on 150000km .. im stressing coz kpro might put unnecessary stress on the motor and everything else ???

secondly since i added i/h/e theres way more power but is rough as in when i change gears it feel like the power is everywhere ..abit of jerk at lower revs etc furthermore more revs going down so quick and dont match if that makes sense !!
    Also will fuel consumption go up or down ???

lastly kpro aint cheap damngggggg but what will i be seeing once my hard earned money is spent ...power ...quicker revs .....different vtec engagements ...higher cutoff rev limiter etc

SOOO please review and share your experiences with us !!!
    most appreciated

cheers =) =)

Hey dude you will see alot of difference when you get Kpro, your vtec point is likely to get changed anywhere from 4200-4600 which means your power will be alot smoother,your fuel consumption will be alot better! I think I went from about 450 a tank ( with vtec 80% of the time) to about 490-520 a tank!

Most importantly you need to get it tuned right , a fail tune will result in a fail car

And your car is young Honda engines are strong

Comment

Pizzo321 - Its not all about power and vtec mate.

Essentially what your doing to your car is your altering the dimensions of intake, exhaust and headers with a stock ECU. Stock ECU doesn't change according to your modifications and hence why a Kpro tune is required. Difference in air/fuel ratio could cause long term problems and can also account for poor fuel consumption. Feeding the engine too rich or too lean can damage the vehicle in the long run. Also because you've upgrade your headers and exhaust, dimensions have changed.

If you have done physics, you will know that pressure will change once you have changed the dimensions of your exhaust. All these changes need fine tuning if you want long term durability of your engine and also the best gains.

Hope that makes sense? So all in all. A Kpro would actually be doing your engine good. In the end of the day, have a rational mind and sort out your finances. Its one thing for people to tell you to get a Kpro, its another thing to buy it...fork out another 700-800 for a tune and then regret spending money on it because you've sacrificed other things in your life. Everybody is different and do take into account alot of people who encourage over these forums to buy stuff may not have your financial status in mind.

Norm
      Last edited by Norm; 28-12-11, 12:26 AM.

Comment

My experience with kpro overall was great!

Installed and driving around for a week with a basemap and then a proper tune. You can really tell the difference a good tune does for your car.

Driving the car is ALOT easier as for dailydriving, when you shift up you have power right away (not in vtec yet). Like my car has vtec at 4200, i shift at 3000, so when i gear up, im releasing the clutch around 2200, its so smooth. Whereas prior to kpro, shifting at same rpm, car felt sluggish.

In regards to fuel consumption, my l/100km has increased but i do drive it a bit harder these days because the power is so smoothe, you want to keep on going lol. I drove my car first time last week in a month and was giving it a bit of stick, i averaged 10.5L/100km... Only an average increase of 1.2L then my dd awhile ago

Yes kpro is expensive, but at least you have a dc5r, dc5s its even more expensive.
        Last edited by plAythiNG; 28-12-11, 04:21 AM.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Well worth the money.

I put it in using a base map, then had it tuned. The difference between the base map and the stock tune is massive. I've had the car tuned on 3 seperate occations nows, all by Adrian from Toda, and each time I've seen gains.

It all depends on who tunes it, to what gains to expect.

As for putting stress on the engine, service it with decent oils, let the car warm up before you drive it hard, let the car cool down before you turn it off, and get a rev limiter set (Some tuners have been known not to put one on). You should be fine.

Comment

great info guys ) im a realist i know im not gonna be pushing heaps of power..maybe around 140 kw atw but these cars are so quick if use know what i mean...

i do wanna get it tuned right away to get the full potential out ov it ....

i do hate taking my baby near the redline grrr but hondata seems like it will fix that !

Comment

Honda engines especially k series are built tough and thrive and high rpm thats the way its built . Dnt be afraid to put foot down just try not to valve bounce

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
                Honda engines especially k series are built tough and thrive and high rpm thats the way its built . Dnt be afraid to put foot down just try not to valve bounce

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
                Shame about the transmission lol..

For what you get kpro is well worth the investment.

Comment

any recommended tuners and suppliers guys ???? im from Sydney

Comment

^^ Theres quite a few and im not even from Sydney
                    TODA Performance
                    BYP Performance
                    Insight Motor Sports

Depends on who YOU want to go and see, prices for a tune wouldn't really be a huge difference between the 3. Everyone will say go see him or him but at the end of the day, you go with who you want to tune your car.

The 3 i mentioned have great knowledge when it comes to Honda so your in good hands either way mate

Comment

Working...
                    X