Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
    New motor hasn't been fully discussed.
    100RON is easily attained in Victoria now and i believe BP is in the works to produce it.
    http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/st...ls/Premium-100
    Why would i go on something that isn't readily available to me for one?
    Actually, plenty of Caltex servos now stock e85 fuel. They call it "E-Flex" though.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
      Actually, plenty of Caltex servos now stock e85 fuel. They call it "E-Flex" though.
      Melbourne has more E85 service station than Sydney! When i was down there i couldnt believe there is so many around
      BYP Racing & Developments
      Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
      STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

I understand E85 is the cleaner fuel but i don't believe in it's benefits.
        Details of my motor build will be kept with me until final details are done and dusted and by the way, i won't be using the K24 that you guys so recommend to everyone.

I've heard enough stories of car thats go on E85 that have engine problems down the line.
        I know this is going a little off topic, but i think its a good discussion to have to better educate the members of this forum. I guess im being a little nice to share some information

So who have you been speaking too or have read?

I've been using E85 for the last 4 years, both on daily and race cars. I havent had any issues with engine problems or failing fuel lines

Its good to keep some things a secret. Its much better to share your build to get more than one opinion in your build. You might actually learn a thing or two from other peoples builds or fuck ups. Unless you are putting 100% trust in your engine builder and tuner, this is where things will go wrong in a motor build. Ive seen it countless of times

As for our recommendation of K24's, its been done and proven. They make great power and are very reliable! Its the most economical way of achieving extra torque and power inexpensively. Now if you want to spend 4 times more to achieve the same result, so be it.

But yeah, it will be certainly interesting to see what you end up doing with your motor build and track times. If your building a circuit car, there is other aspect that will need to be address to make it competitive (Gearing, suspension, chassis etc etc). At the end of the day, track times does the talking, dyno power output is for hardparkers and street meets

But hey, please do your research and talk to the 'experience' guys who have used E85. If its so bad, why does V8 supercars use it?
        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
          . I guess im being a little nice to share some information
          Bout Time! :P

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
            I know this is going a little off topic, but i think its a good discussion to have to better educate the members of this forum. I guess im being a little nice to share some information

So who have you been speaking too or have read?

I've been using E85 for the last 4 years, both on daily and race cars. I havent had any issues with engine problems or failing fuel lines

Its good to keep some things a secret. Its much better to share your build to get more than one opinion in your build. You might actually learn a thing or two from other peoples builds or fuck ups. Unless you are putting 100% trust in your engine builder and tuner, this is where things will go wrong in a motor build. Ive seen it countless of times

As for our recommendation of K24's, its been done and proven. They make great power and are very reliable! Its the most economical way of achieving extra torque and power inexpensively. Now if you want to spend 4 times more to achieve the same result, so be it.

But yeah, it will be certainly interesting to see what you end up doing with your motor build and track times. If your building a circuit car, there is other aspect that will need to be address to make it competitive (Gearing, suspension, chassis etc etc). At the end of the day, track times does the talking, dyno power output is for hardparkers and street meets

But hey, please do your research and talk to the 'experience' guys who have used E85. If its so bad, why does V8 supercars use it?
            Benny, I don't really wanna argue with someone who had years more experience in the game but if you wanna do it as a leaning curve then so be it.
            E85 requires new lines, injectors, pump etc to get it right to try and make it hassle free, correct me if I'm wrong? As stock lines, injectors etc corrode due to E85 as has been proven so before a car can have te bonuses of E85 he needs to spend more coin plus getting it right can be difficult can't it?

V8 Supercars actually made the switch to become more enviroment friendly, so practically to survive, they were basically forced to use E85 an adapt to it which they have fairly well but consider the fact V8 Supercars have practically limitless coin.

My choice of who I've chosen, whether they accept is a different story, has showed his results of his engine build. Getting the engine built correctly is my first concern as it won't be driven much until the brake setup is where Id like it to be. I have complete confidense in the builder so it's not a problem for me cause as I said, his work has been shown at WTAC.

Anyway, I can't see half your post to answer most things back as I'm using my iPhone but I'm happy to discuss abit more on E85 or anything like that.. 100RON is the way to go or even 110 if you can get it IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
              Hey Robi, i changed my Injectors to 650cc thats all =]

If my lines need replacing sometime in the future then so be it.

You should Consider doing it with your K24,im happy with the gains i got in my K20,i can imagine your mid-range and top end in the K24 would be through the roof!
              Interesting, any particular type? Stock ones are 450cc??

I'll have a think about it some more in the future... maybe when I think about cams etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post

I'll have a think about it some more in the future... maybe when I think about cams etc.
                Have to ask Benny what type man

K24 with E85 will be nuts! haha taken it down 1/4 mile yet? i rekon EASY low 13's high 12's

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                  Have to ask Benny what type man

K24 with E85 will be nuts! haha taken it down 1/4 mile yet? i rekon EASY low 13's high 12's
                  Not yet, it's been a bit hot up here (Even during the nights), plus I still haven't finalised my intake set up yet.

Hoping for something in the 13's

Comment

Not yet, it's been a bit hot up here (Even during the nights), plus I still haven't finalised my intake set up yet.

Hoping for something in the 13's
                    13's with ease man! my car can do a 13.9-8 with me reducing my 0-60 time atm im sitting on 2.3 seconds i can drop it to 2 and hit a 13.9

Comment

Benny, I don't really wanna argue with someone who had years more experience in the game but if you wanna do it as a leaning curve then so be it.
                      E85 requires new lines, injectors, pump etc to get it right to try and make it hassle free, correct me if I'm wrong? As stock lines, injectors etc corrode due to E85 as has been proven so before a car can have te bonuses of E85 he needs to spend more coin plus getting it right can be difficult can't it?
                      Well if you'll be spending thousands of dollars building up a K20 engine, how can you not justify changing the fuel lines, injectors and pump for that much more gains?

Comment

My evo 8 mr has been on E85 for over 50 000km. Walbro fuel pump + 1050 cc injectors no problems at all. Daily driven + track

Fuel economy wise it does affect it, consumes 15-20% more. On the upside its generally 30 cents per litre cheaper then 98 oct fuel.

Taking a EVO for boost application, on 98 OCT generally makes 200kw atw with I/E/boost controller and flash tune. Now add injectors and walbro pump + switch to E85 generally it'll make 220-230kw on the same boost.
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

I think BYP poated somewhere on ozhonda a dyno graph of their dc2r on pump98. And then another graph displaying the new tune on e85. It is definately the way to go since they do track time all the time. I guess its all down to personal preference. As said in another thread, laptimes do all the talking.

I personally wouldnt go e85 simply because i dont have the luxury of being able to track my car all the time, and there isnt any e85 where i live.

On the flip side if ky car was a more often track car,
                          Id already be at byp's place getting it installed.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            I think BYP poated somewhere on ozhonda a dyno graph of their dc2r on pump98. And then another graph displaying the new tune on e85. It is definately the way to go since they do track time all the time. I guess its all down to personal preference. As said in another thread, laptimes do all the talking.

I personally wouldnt go e85 simply because i dont have the luxury of being able to track my car all the time, and there isnt any e85 where i live.

On the flip side if ky car was a more often track car,
                            Id already be at byp's place getting it installed.
                            There is a service station at Tempe that sells E85 (Caltex on princess hwy)

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Here are some actual evidence of using pump E85 over pump 98RON

Red line - E85
                              Green line - 98RON

Back to back testing

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Stock is 310cc

Paul got 650cc FIC's

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
                                X