Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I be feeling with new aftermarket engine mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I be feeling with new aftermarket engine mounts?

Hey guys just put in my new hardrace engine mounts in .and to be it sounds louder and i can feel the engine shaking in the stearing wheel but the wheel hoping has gone which is good anything eless should be feeling for ?

No engine hops.

Comment

a schooner, its friday night!
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Lol .wat a bout a nice quiet one with the mrs watching shark week ...XD

Comment

orgasm! rofl
          - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
            orgasm! rofl
            which engine mounts did you get? haha surely if they produce orgasms they were expensive
            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
            F1 Nut

Comment

that is essentially why yu change mounts. transmission mount which is the front one behind the radiator usually breaks due to the engine movements. very common in dc5. Also you should notice less play when you put your foot down on the pedal as the mounts reduce the amount of engine movment and flexion. So you should get better transfer of energy from engine to driveshafts to wheels response. Also with reduced flexion you are also protecting other parts in your car which are attached to your engine, such as your headers. Added piece of mind that your headers wont develope stress fractures as quick as people who dont upgrade thier mounts. All these benefits at the cost of added shaking, cabin noise and gf complaining. The car also feels like a proper so called "race car". Also your hardrace mounts should settle in and the cabin noise and shaking should lessen abit afer you have worn them in, but dont qoute me on that. i know my hasport ones did and mine are polyutherane.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                that is essentially why yu change mounts. transmission mount which is the front one behind the radiator usually breaks due to the engine movements. very common in dc5. Also you should notice less play when you put your foot down on the pedal as the mounts reduce the amount of engine movment and flexion. So you should get better transfer of energy from engine to driveshafts to wheels response. Also with reduced flexion you are also protecting other parts in your car which are attached to your engine, such as your headers. Added piece of mind that your headers wont develope stress fractures as quick as people who dont upgrade thier mounts. All these benefits at the cost of added shaking, cabin noise and gf complaining. The car also feels like a proper so called "race car". Also your hardrace mounts should settle in and the cabin noise and shaking should lessen abit afer you have worn them in, but dont qoute me on that. i know my hasport ones did and mine are polyutherane.
                and orgasms

RHCP
                F1 Nut

Comment

fruit truck like vibrations haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                    fruit truck like vibrations haha
                    and orgasms

RHCP
                    F1 Nut

Comment

Love my hard race engine mounts but I wish I got Hasport..

Love the feel the vibrations and sharp and crisp on off acceleration.. Would have done it when I bought my typeR of the showroom floor.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Yer i got haspot.. Shakes the hell out of the car..
                        sigpic
                        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Feels like the car wants to stall all the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X