Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveshaft length

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone knows whether there is a length difference between jdm and audm driveshaft and halfshaft?

Cheers

Yes i belive its 15mm longer to account for the extra track width.

Comment

i'm thinking of running jdm driveshaft, so i just need to change the 2 cv joints and the intermediate shaft and thats all, yeah?

no need to change the LCA or anything?

cheers

Comment

Why jdm driveshafts? my understanding is that the lca and hubs are different to audm and all need to be swaped to all work together. the longer shafts (jdm) may not fit or may bind up with less room between gearbox and hubs(audm). Any one tried, chime in please.

Comment

cos i can get stronger jdm driveshafts for lowered cars.

thats why i need to know what parts do i need to make it works

Comment

try "the drive shaft shop" in the usa, freight will be cheaper and easier than finding and swaping breaks,lca,shafts and hubs. I havent herd of strength issues even with up to 600hp and heavy drag racing use? clutch or gearbox being weak the weak points.

Comment

yeah, they only do JDM DC5R driveshafts for the RHD DC5.

Comment

If you have an Australian model DC5R then just get their RSX application driveshafts, they should fit fine, the suspension setup on the RSX and the local DC5R is the same. If you are intent on using the longer driveshaft then you must swap the entire knuckle/hub/LCA/brake setup, not doing so is asking for trouble with binding as wpg81 states.

Why do you need a stronger driveshaft? Do you do a lot of drag racing?

Comment

So I can just swap over the RSX-S LHD driveshaft?

yeah, there is a plan of doing drags and tracks in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X