J's Racing Header help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J's Racing Header help

Hi guys, looking at Js Racing header, and was wondering if any has any experience with it or even suggestions on how to go about installing it and making it road legal, since the Js 2-1 piping has no cat. Can someone please guide me to the right direction, If i get Js 4-2, i know i would need a jdm 2-1 piping, but if i wanted the Js 2-1 piping could i add a cat onto it (welded) and if so where?

Thanks a lot in advance, any guidance will be much appreciated.

Buy a jdm cat ... It should fit directly onto the j's racing 4-2 header. And i think you need an aftermarket/ep3r sway to clear the header

Comment

dont u mean on to the 2-1 section?

Comment

Originally posted by ggwpty View Post
        Buy a jdm cat ... It should fit directly onto the j's racing 4-2 header. And i think you need an aftermarket/ep3r sway to clear the header
        That is probably the easiest way.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
        dont u mean on to the 2-1 section?
        No he means the 4-2. The JDM manifold is in two parts and the cat is integral to the second 2-1 part.

You could get a cat welded into the last straight section of the J's Racing 2-1, pictured above.

If you are going to that much effort I think you might be better off just getting another header because in my opinion a header that is made to bolt up to OEM flange locations will never have the best gains compared to a header that was designed with more freedom in terms of primary and secondary lengths and diameters. Toda or SSR are good choices, and the SSR has a test pipe with a donut gasket that will be easy to add a cat to. If you are on a budget the Kidd racing header is also reasonable apparently.

Comment

Why would you want to spend so much $$ on buying J's 2-1 to only end up cutting and welding the cat. I would recommend getting the JDM 2-1. That would suffice.

As ChargeR said, J's or Spoon sort of header give you less gain compare to headers like Toda. I have owned both.
          - Project R -

Comment

wow thanks a lot guys for the response, great help. I never could figure out where high flow cats are attached to, so pretty much if i went for js header, i best get a jdm 2-1 section.

vippy84: what are the gains between js and toda. Ive seen a member with toda headers with a 10kw atw gain, what will js b roughly any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by jboi View Post
              vippy84: what are the gains between js and toda. Ive seen a member with toda headers with a 10kw atw gain, what will js b roughly any idea?
              I can't be too sure about the gain on J's racing. I believe it would be less than what you will get from Toda. I had my J's racing header installed together with RBC, ECU tune and some others; and never had my car dyno'd since.
              - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by jboi View Post
                wow thanks a lot guys for the response, great help. I never could figure out where high flow cats are attached to, so pretty much if i went for js header, i best get a jdm 2-1 section.
                You can fit an aftermarket 100cel metal cat to the J's without too much drama.
                Just make a quick jig before you cut up the original pipe & it's a sinch

TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                Official Australian Distributors
                Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                  I can't be too sure about the gain on J's racing. I believe it would be less than what you will get from Toda. I had my J's racing header installed together with RBC, ECU tune and some others; and never had my car dyno'd since.
                  How's the quality of j's exhaust?

I read alot of clubrsx from the us are complaining about their exhaust crack and all.

Comment

Got a J's racing cat back.. Fitted like a glove.. Looks great.. Welds were ok.. Seen cleaner but no way it will leak with the amount of weld used on the joins.. For cracking i don't see it being a issue!!!
                    sigpic
                    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Working...
                    X