wobbly/loose steering, bad steering feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wobbly/loose steering, bad steering feedback

hey guys since about 4 weeks ago i've noticed that the steering on my dc2r is very woobly/loose, there is heaps of play and i can't seem to be able turn into a corner as sharp as it used to be.

i spoke to a few people and mechanics to get the following checked: tie rods ends, ball joint, cv joint and other suspension components. everything is tight and normal except that my bottom coilover perch is loose (the bit you undo to adjust height), not sure how. we tightened that up but still to no avail.

my rear trailing arm bushings is on its way out, im in the process on getting new oem bushings but i doubt this is the cause of my problem.. can anyone clarify?

this all started happening after a major service to replace timing belt and the tensioner pulley, as well as replacing my ebc yellow pads which was 3mm thick with flaking off edges. a few days after i noticed my steering hub cover was not screwed on properly so i tightened that up, could something on the steering column shat itself?

anyway the last thing i haven't done is alignment, but i doubt it'll do anything since i got it done last in july..

i will personally deliver a box of mi goreng to whoever can solve this problem.

cheers

any play on the steering wheel itself? like as if it's loose?

Comment

Originally posted by zeth_an View Post
      any play on the steering wheel itself? like as if it's loose?
      Yeah can you elaborate a bit on what is wrong, is there play in the wheel like zeth asks. If someone holds one of the wheels firmly can you feel play at the wheel.

Comment

Worse case could be your rack. But need more details or actually see it to know.
        "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
        X