Please help me! Leak from Taillight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me! Leak from Taillight

Hi everyone. I have a leak problem in my boot of my dc5r. I know where the leak is coming but idk how to take off the rear tail light. I took the ones from inside the boot. I just want to make sure if i have to take off the rear bar to remove the tail light. I need to fix this problem asap before another rainy day. I've got everything ready to seal te tail light back up So please give a fellow member a helping.
    sigpic

http://blog.machanon.net/index.php?/...2006-only.html

they removed it according to this. Itll probably make it easier if you remove anyways

Comment

Yeah i saw that. Sorry if i didnt make it clear its a 03 dc5r. Thats the facelift integra. Idl if its the same fore my car as its got different style tail lights
      sigpic

Comment

The process is exactly the same for prefacelift and facelift models

Comment

Oh okay. Thankyou guys for your help. Will do this tomorrow after work
          sigpic

Comment

Yea!!

There are two screws underneath the tail light (easier to access if you take off the rear bar.. but if you have nimble hands you don't need to)

Let us know of how you go!!

Comment

Ill most likely do it this weekend as i have to study for my exams.
              sigpic

Comment

hey guys im having the same problem with hau at the moment but i just wanted to ask you guys out there with dc2rs if you are having the same issue. i suspect that the leak is coming from the left tailight and a new gasket is going to be installed on friday. but yesterday after my carwash, i realised that there were a few splashes of water in the lower level of the boot where the spare tyre is kept but the upper level is completely dry. any ideas on this? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rychu View Post
                  hey guys im having the same problem with hau at the moment but i just wanted to ask you guys out there with dc2rs if you are having the same issue. i suspect that the leak is coming from the left tailight and a new gasket is going to be installed on friday. but yesterday after my carwash, i realised that there were a few splashes of water in the lower level of the boot where the spare tyre is kept but the upper level is completely dry. any ideas on this? thanks!
                  I had same problem with a gsi not to long ago. Flooded the whole car. When the weather is nicer i will be fixing my dc5r
                  sigpic

Comment

common problem with integras, instead of buying new gaskets from honda just go to clark rubber and get some neoprene foams, cut to shape and size of the old gasket and install.

no more leaks =)

Comment

so guys usually the problem is the gasket? nothing else?

Comment

yeah the gasket. you can either buy new ones and then it will just happen again or silicone it. Ask karl as his already done his.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yer i siliconed it in.. One thing use neutral curing silicon... So it wont rust any thing!!
                          sigpic
                          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

got it done at top one today. was the gasket :P

Comment

Originally posted by rychu View Post
                              got it done at top one today. was the gasket :P
                              Good work. I still havent dont mine as havemt had any spare time
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X