TODA header fitting parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TODA header fitting parts

Hey all, just having some more technical trouble with the fitting of a toda header onto my car.

Some background info:
    This particular header was bought from a member here not TOO long ago (probably a couple of months). Since I haven't had the time to install it since I was already running a decent set up, I hadn't bothered looking into it until now. However, when I bought it to Centrax Auto they said I was missing a few parts. AFAIK, the header is as stock as the Toda headers come - except that it has a custom cat welded to it, connected via a donut joint. The member had previously mentioned the header being modified by Hak at performance exhaust in Northmead.

The pictures:
    The connection joint I'm missing. Centrax Auto said that it is some sort of spring hook design.

The other part I'm missing is the gasket. It's meant to fit the header to the cat. This one I'm less sure about.

Just wondering if anyone could point me towards the right parts? Really want to fit the Toda header on and feel that extra.. oomph

Thanks!

my toda header is one piece Pete.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

For a dc2 or 5? If its for a 5, it isn't a stock Toda header. Id be surprised if the header that you have is even a toda header. The Toda header is 1 piece and doesnt have any slip joints.

Comment

i was referring to a dc5/k series. Etherall has a dc5s.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

On a side note, haks/Hakan is a great guy that has a great attention to detail, and rare to find nowadays, great customer service.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

what everyone above said.. i'm sure toda headers are one piece. got mine installed a week ago. just my opinion but i dont think they are toda headers
            Attached Files
            Shak's S2000

Comment

Yeah I don't doubt that mine is not a straight stock Toda header - it has been modified. But it does have the Toda badge on the head of it manifold so I'm assuming it is? :S

But I guess if the stock manifold is in 1 piece, then no one but the seller can be of help to me.

Last edited by etherealfall; 19-11-11, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Pete, ill get some pics of my header on monday and we'll
                Compare ok dude.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Can't they just weld the slip on part and get a donut gasket for the flex?

Comment

Sure alex.

And lemmiwinks, yeah that would be possible. I'll pay a visit to an exhaust shop for gaskets/spring bolts and if they don't have it, just get the part welded?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

You'll definitely need the spring bolts + donut gasket between the collector and cat. Otherwise you'll probably end up cracking the headers as you need some flex in there due to engine movement.

Comment

Okay. Thanks for the help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just order some springs for the slip joint and a donut gasket for the collector from Toda...

No need to weld anything IMO.
                          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                          X