Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC2R8D View Post
    got the standard fitting out... BUT it doesnt fit... haha

how would you assure the new fitting was airtight?
    ah tinks workshop how much would u charge? if ud prefer to pm me plz do.
    air tight is achieved by a variety of contributing factors, the fitting has a taper thread, which is 'self sealing' plus you use a sealant or thread tape to seal it up...

and since i still have no idea what you are actually talking about, i cant provide any idea of costs...

post up a picture?
    ... retired/

Comment

the picture u posted before of the skunk 2 manifold cut in half, the gold fitting that u hook up the break booster vacuum tube to. And the Blue fitting you posted up would work yes provided it fit.

Comment

OK, i would not use a blue fitting as it is NPT thread not BSP - i only have a BSP thread tap, not an NPT one...

the BSP fittings will be brass, and i would use a 1/4 BSPT 90' elbow and a 1/4 BSPT hose end, these would cost about 20 bucks...

would take maybe 20 mins, (more if i have to remove any of the original fitting) so sounds like a case of decent beer would cover it?
        ... retired/

Comment

sorry mate I have no idea what is going on here (I am not a tech minded person/mechanics) and I have NFI why it went missing

I hope it doesn't cost much

P.S the case of beer is on me
          Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

^ Yet you critique people on their work lol. Go figure.

Great solution TB, nice and cheap fix! might do that myself next time I find myself in a pickle with these little ports..

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicalChris View Post
              Great solution TB, nice and cheap fix! might do that myself next time I find myself in a pickle with these little ports..
              yes - they are easy to bend and crimp if you are not very careful with them... (i.e. dont just let it skull around your boot)

also had to do it for USDM Skunk2 ones that have the outlet facing to the LHS...

DC2R8D - i am going away in a 2 weeks, so need to see it soon...
              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
              X