DC2R Engine Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Engine Mounts

Hey guys, well it appears my OEM engine mounts are rooted.

I want to change the whole lot at once with aftermarket mounts..

I have been doing some reading on here and everyone seems to have mixed feelings regarding different engine mounts.

Then I was reading about putting new inserts into the OEM mounts. But causes a lot of vibrations.. So I have come to the conclusion that I want to change the mounts to aftermarkets. I don't mind some vibrations as long as they work.

Please suggest mounts and where to get them from. Thanks guys.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Im after what Zilli was on about in this thread.
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...=Engine+Mounts
    I only drive my car about 300km/month give or take.
    IN that thread Tinkerbell quoted this
    ''a full set of mounts should only be used by non-daily driven cars...''

Would you guys consider my car daily driven?

Quote:
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

my rear mount was busted so i filled it with sikaflex 252.
      was good, very minor vibration on cold start ~1500rpm.
      once it warms up ~800-900rpm idle, it feels just like stock.

only using 3 main mounts, no lower mounts.

Comment

I'm not interested in filling them with inserts or polyeurathane...

So i'm after something better than OEM but bearable on the street.

Quote:

Comment

At one point I was thinking about this too, and the softest option was apparently Spoon or Mugen's as they are just a slight upgrade from stock, spoke with my mechanic, and realised that it wasn't so necessary, the only car's they have aftermarket mounts in were mainly the track ones. According to him at most I'll need a torque damper. That's all he uses in the EG B18C pulling 135fwkw.

If that's of any help.

However you do drive your car very little so slight upgrade on mounts might not be bad.

Comment

My car's currently at the mechanics getting Spoon Engine mounts installed on my DC2R. Will give my feedback once I get it back. I only am changing to aftermarket engine mounts as my engine is fairly worked and modded and is far from standard. However since my car is a daily driver, I'm not hardcore enough to want to install solid engine mounts, so decided to compromise with the Spoon Engine Mounts which are made of Solid Rubber, rather than Polyurethane. Mugen have aftermarket engine mounts, but is pricer than the Spoon ones.

I was told that the engine torque damper is not really a good solution, as with the price, it's only a bit cheaper than the aftermarket engine mounts and will tend to lose it's effectiveness after while.

Aftermarket engine mounts such as the Hasports, Innovative which employ polyurethene will cause vibrations. If you daily drive your car, you will feel the vibrations and may cause the rest of the car to develop rattles. However I heard that the vibrations will settle after awhile. If you get a chance, have a drive or ride in a DC2R with solid aftermarket engine mounts to see if it's what you want. Some people like that feeling, some don't, so it's personal preference. I'm just not hardcore enough to use it on a daily driven car.

Another option are the Polyurethene inserts onto the stock engine mounts such as the Energy Suspension ones. They are not as *hardcore* as the solid engine mounts, but there are still some vibrations but will settle with time. This is a cheaper solution, and some of the guys here have them, so they can post up their experience.

So 3 options are:
            1. Aftermarket Engine Mounts such as Mugen or Spoon which have solid rubber inserts and will be stiffer than OEM ones.

2. Aftermarket solid engine mounts which use polyurethane such as Hasport and Innovative. These have different models of stiffness to choose from, but they will be much stiffer than OEM and the Mugen or Spoon ones and will vibrate more.

3. Polyurethane inserts such as Energy Suspension. A good cost effective way, will be similar to the aftermarket solid engine mounts in terms of feel.

Comment

Hey mate, sounds like Hardrace motor mounts suits your application to the TEE.
              I have a DC5R and was in exactly the same boat as you are in. I wanted the performance of stiffer mounts, however, I didn't want my teeth to rattle out. I did my research and found that hardrace motor mounts fit the bill and I had them installed in my DC5R. Prior to installation I heard that hardrace mounts were in between stock and 62a motor mounts, they pretty much offered the same kind of feel as the mugens, just at a much lower price point.
              They are much stiffer than OEM, and I can feel the engine vibrate, but it's not outta control or stupid amounts of vibration. I asked my girlfriend if she noticed anything different about the car, and she said no, so it goes to show that the vibrations are significant enough for a non-car enthusiast to notice.
              In terms of performance, I'd have to say that the engine mounts are THE BEST upgrade I've done to my car. The feel afterwards is amazing, the car feels like boss, it feels solid, there is no delay in acceleration. I love my hardrace engine mounts, you should look into them, I highly highly highly recommend them.

Comment

Thanks for the lengthy replies Appirition and Peachy. I appreciate it.

Where did you get the hard race engine mounts from Peachy and how much?

Quote:

Comment

I have Hasport 60A engine mounts, vibrates, but man I love these mounts. Barley any engine movement - no wheel hops - crusing from 80km+ is reaaaaaaaaaaallly smooth.

Bling as well.
                  Moiz
                  無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
                    I have Hasport 60A engine mounts, vibrates, but man I love these mounts. Barley any engine movement - no wheel hops - crusing from 80km+ is reaaaaaaaaaaallly smooth.

Bling as well.
                    Where'd you get them from and how much?

Quote:

Comment

JDMyard stock them, I know for a DC5R they are around $480, I managed to source them off ebay for way under $400 when the dollar was strong, but DC5R mounts are more expensive than then DC2 equivalent.
                      I haven't found many prices for the DC2R, but they are pretty cheap already from JDMyard, $399 delivered: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HARDRACE-...ht_2568wt_1028

Comment

Cheers Peachy!! Would like to hear more from people with inserts!!

At this stage I'm leaning towards the hardrace/innovative/hasports.
                        The hardrace seem like good value for money.

Quote:

Comment

Give JDMyard a call and ask them what they think about innovative mounts. They use to distribute them, but after extremely poor customer service they went far enough to completely stop supplying their products. I almost went innovative as well, but after the horror story they told me over the phone I decided to take my money to a company that actually values their customers.

Comment

Yeah thanks for the info Peachy. Your a champ. What are the 2 extra little mounts for in the hardrace kit ?

Quote:

Comment

No dramas at all mate glad I could
                              I'm not sure about those two extra thingys, but I do know that the hardrace kit I bought came with all four mounts, as opposed to three that you get with hasport/innovative.
                              Just give them a tinkle tomorrow, JDMyard have been so helpful every time I call.
                              Anyway, it's time for me to grab a 2:00am kebab from down the street.
                              Let us know how you go

Comment

Working...
                              X