DC5 Ohlins Coilovers - DFV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Ohlins Coilovers - DFV

These coilovers... I haven't heard of many people running them, the set im looking at currently is second hand but im wondering if they are good for street & circuit?

What sort of price should i be lookin at for these?

Thanks guys

it's mainly the price why people arn't getting these haha.

baller spec coilover, you will only hear the best reviews from ohlins DFV. Expect around $5,000 +. 2nd hand, depends on conditions, it's normally around $2,500 - $4999
    Moiz
    無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Whats the specs on them exactly?
      Comfy enough for street and good enough for track i take it?

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
        it's mainly the price why people arn't getting these haha.

baller spec coilover, you will only hear the best reviews from ohlins DFV. Expect around $5,000 +. 2nd hand, depends on conditions, it's normally around $2,500 - $4999
        you can easily get a second hand set for around $1500, New they are around 3-3.5K shipped.

There is one set on Ozhonda now for that price (1500). Spring rates are 8/10 off memory, monotube construction and rebound adjustable. If you can buy a decent set used give it a go

Comment

Use to run on my DC2R, Ohlins products are great! As Moiz said, abit exxy. If your serious about tracking, i would upgrade the spring rates.

Comment

I've got them on my DC5R.

I had Tein SS before them... basically... no comparison!

Get the set that are for $1,500.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
              I've got them on my DC5R.

I had Tein SS before them... basically... no comparison!

Get the set that are for $1,500.
              how low can they go curiously (im not looking for slammage just wondering cheers)

Comment

In these pics

Front can go lower (No front guard lining at all)
                Rear can go lower (Rolled guards, -3' camber, trimmed rear bar)
                That's with 17x9 +22 - 225/45/17

Comment

so they go fairly low i see thanks rob

Comment

Not a problem

Comment

45SET, could you please give a comparison between the SS-Ps and the DFVs? Thanks !

Comment

when you got yours.. Lowering them Rob, how do you go about it? C spanners?

Comment

Ohlins does not recommend going lower than 30mm front and back compare to orginal DC5R setup for handling sake, if you want to slam your car there are many cheaper option out there such as BC N+ for the same price you can get a set in brand new. Ohlins DFV not design for pure circuit use as well its only recommand +/- 2kg/mm of spring rate difference compare to the orignal of F8/R10. It is great improvement for handling and trackday also its pillowball construction quality far better than most not squeal like other brands soon after installed

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                            when you got yours.. Lowering them Rob, how do you go about it? C spanners?
                            Yes, you can just use Tein C-Spanners... very easy really.

Originally posted by etherealfall View Post
                            45SET, could you please give a comparison between the SS-Ps and the DFVs? Thanks !
                            SS was good, they did what I wanted them to do, except for height.

I think the spring rates between the SS & DFV are very similar, but the DFV's just seem more firm. Also there is actually a difference when you adjust the dampeners.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              Yes, you can just use Tein C-Spanners... very easy really.

SS was good, they did what I wanted them to do, except for height.

I think the spring rates between the SS & DFV are very similar, but the DFV's just seem more firm. Also there is actually a difference when you adjust the dampeners.
                              Ah okay, the set i found doesn't come with the C-Spanners
                              Thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                              X