Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Type R idling problems/iacv

Hey guys to to this forum and owning a type R
    I have just recently bought a type R and after it warms up the engine symbol on the dash lights up and starts idling up and down between 1500-2000 rpm
    After trying to find out as much info As I could on this forum and like 3 others and worked out the iacv probably needs a good clean as it has been sitting around for nearly a year but new fuel could do the job aswell. I tried resetting the computer and that didnt fix it neither did spraying some TB cleaner in the Tb.
    I found on another site how to clean the iacv but it's for the dc2 engine not the dc5 engine so just wondring if there is a sticky on how to do it for the dc5? Or does any1 know what else may solve this problem?

If the engine light is coming then you should get an OBD II scanner tool and see what the error is coming up as, this would be a good first step.

Resetting the ECU usually wont help as it will clear it for how ever long but once the problems arises again it will show.
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Comment

Where do I get one from and wats a rough price for it?

Comment

i would bet it's your O2 sensor. Common problem on DC5.

Comment

Would that be causing the idling problem aswell?
          So how do u go about getting a new sensor am I best just to take it into honda

Comment

If its the idle control valve which is causing the idle problem then taking apart yourself would be the best option. You can buy the IACV unit on its own, it comes together as a whole throttle body. First question is, do you know how to take your throttle body off? If you dont know I can show you how to take it apart through a series of steps.

Comment

Originally posted by daelo View Post
              Where do I get one from and wats a rough price for it?
              Go to a mechanic, most have them, if not maybe your well known performance workshop which also should have a scanner.

Like mentioned the 02 sensor is a common problem with these cars which in some cases i THINK can cause idling problems! You can buy aftermarket ones from NGK (NTK) or you can get genuine from Honda (dont imagine it being cheap).
              S2000
              WSID : TBA
              Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
              Smooth As Detailing
              Incar Racing

Comment

Ok so I fix the idling problems with some TB cleaner and some new premium fuel and a good drive but then the engine light was on still so plugged it into the computer and as a few of you guys mentioned the co2 sensor is faulty so pulled it out and noticed it looked newish so gave it a clean but the fault keeps arising so looks like I'm going to have to buy a new one any1 got a rough price on a genuine one? And after market one?

Comment

buy direct from US Acura. Save a fortune trust me.
                  Look on ebay.
                  Thats where i got mine and mines fine!

Comment

found an after market one for 180 that will do me dnt hink im gona get one much cheaper

Comment

Check yout TB gasket also, it might be loose. I had this idling problem recently but fixed it today by resecuring the gasket and voila, idle is now back to normal

Comment

O2 sensor you mean? When the O2 sensor starts to go really bad, what you'll get is the car going into limp mode on cold starts. Monitor fuel economy and see what happens. You'll eventually need the o2 sensor if the light stays on, but see how you go.
                        Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                        Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                        Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

already fixed a few weeks ago i had a faulty 02 sensor and a combination shit fuel and crap in my TB

Comment

Working...
                          X