DC2R accelerator pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R accelerator pedal

Hey guys. I noticed today my accelerator pedal feels a fair bit heavier then normal. I was thinking maybe the throttle cable needs a lubrication so I rang a mechanic mate and he suggested perhaps I have a stuffed engine mount and that the engine moving around in there could be forcing the cable and other bits and pieces around under and off acceleration.

If anyone read my previous thread about my DC2R - http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=10021

I think this problem may be related..

Discuss?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

you should be able to easily check the mounts. Check the passenger side mount, that tends to crap out first.
    teamGROUNDzero.org

shak - est 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Bodgy Racing Developments View Post
      you should be able to easily check the mounts. Check the passenger side mount, that tends to crap out first.
      Checked the mounts. There is a decent amount of movement in the 2 top ones. Probably a few MM either way of movement.
      I got my friend who is a mechanic to come around and take it for a drive and experience the clunking the car makes of acceleration and sometimes between gear shifts. In his opinion its the engine mount(s).

So i'm going to take it to my regular mechanics tomorrow and get them to have a look as well.

Now for engine mounts....... Which ones.

Quote:
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Depends on if you want to stick with OEM, or if you're after aftermarket engine mounts.

Comment

Ive found haspot mounts shake the car... bottle of water half full.. At idle the water jumps inside the bottle.. Very shaky ride
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Im gonna start a new thread about the engine mounts..

Do not want OEM mounts. Looking at aftermarket solid mounts I guess..

Quote:

Comment

Working...
            X