Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUDM DC5 vs JDM DC5

Hey Guys,

Searched but could not find on here so if there is a thread please point me in direction!

Just wanting to know what is the major differences engine wise between the 2 versions.

I did a look around on google but could not find and solid info besides
    cams
    pistons
    ecu
    brembo's!

Is there anything else I'm missing for them to make almost 20kw more?

I've been supplied with a engine number from a jdm dc5 and the it consist of K20A3 where as a AUDM usually is K20A2? Is that right??

Cheers
    S2000
    WSID : TBA
    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
    Smooth As Detailing
    Incar Racing

Always thought the JDM was K20A but that's as far as my knowledge goes lol

Comment

JDM engine is K20A.

Comment

From a little reading here and there I thought it was richer tuning for higher octane rate fuel

Comment

Different intake and exhaust manifolds. Front swaybar + control arms are different. Rear swaybar is also larger. JDM DC5R also has a rear floor brace not found on the aus-spec models.
          Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
          Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
          Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

all the jdm honda engines never had a number after the letters on the engine if its a k20a3 it would prob be a ep3 engine? i thinks, if not maybe you read it wrong like was it k20a in bold then 3 and so forth underneath in smaller writing? btw reckon youd end up getting the same power if not close atm if u were to dyno a jdm one and your one coz if it was tuned to run a higher rate octane fuel..well we dont have it here =P and itll eventually be the same after you mod it, its like the jdm s15 vs audm s15 debates... and dont say you wont i know youll mod it =P with every penny you have just like the sss =P
            "Some people say less talk, more action. I say more torque less traction"

Comment

It's covered on Ozhonda a fait bit.

Comment

Originally posted by _Dee View Post
                all the jdm honda engines never had a number after the letters on the engine if its a k20a3 it would prob be a ep3 engine? i thinks, if not maybe you read it wrong like was it k20a in bold then 3 and so forth underneath in smaller writing? btw reckon youd end up getting the same power if not close atm if u were to dyno a jdm one and your one coz if it was tuned to run a higher rate octane fuel..well we dont have it here =P and itll eventually be the same after you mod it, its like the jdm s15 vs audm s15 debates... and dont say you wont i know youll mod it =P with every penny you have just like the sss =P
                use paragraphs or I will delete your posts.
                ... retired/

Comment

Google audm dc5 vs jdm dc5 and you get this at the top..... http://www.atpimage.com/dohc-vtec/pa...vs-jdm-dc5.htm
                  sigpic
                  128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

thanks for the link Karl
                    CLEMENTE

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                      use paragraphs or I will delete your posts.
                      hehe my bad, noted for future reference =)
                      "Some people say less talk, more action. I say more torque less traction"

Comment

Working...
                      X