X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average Prices of Retune

Hi guys,
    Looking to get my Kpro retune.
    If anyone has had their car retune, what prices have you paid to get it done?

200-300?

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

$100-1000

why is it that you think it needs a "retune"?
      ... retired/

Comment

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...6&postcount=20

Comment

The obvious answer is the amount of time x the tuner's hourly rate.

It just depends.
          "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

Is this a locked tune or something that was DIY?

Reason being that if its unlocked it would be cheaper and quote direct from hondatech:-

Costs for re tunes will be $220 for the first hour and $110 every hour after that for already tuned cars with the min charge of 2 hours.
            If the tune was locked they would have to format the ecu and perform a full tune which would be 660 (again quote from hondatech)

*note assuming car is still NA*

Comment

Get the quote in writing too, hondatech quoted me 2 hours to fix my tune up and tried to hit me 660 bucks...

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
                Is this a locked tune or something that was DIY?

Reason being that if its unlocked it would be cheaper and quote direct from hondatech:-

If the tune was locked they would have to format the ecu and perform a full tune which would be 660 (again quote from hondatech)

*note assuming car is still NA*

If you dont have cams then you can just use one of the hundreds of base maps available and get any tuner to retune it.

And with regards to the ecu being locked any hondata dealer who may retune your car would have access to the security (copy of your tune map) and therefore should only charge at an hourly rate, that quote from hondatech is a load of BS unless u have done numerous mods which would require a drastic change in your tune, but even then as mentioned there is so many base maps available its only a matter of touching up the correct one to suit your car and get maximum gains. Put it this way a certain tuner from hondatech spent 1 hour on the dyno with my car and i believe the same with adam's and evan 46AZM, no way that is worth $660

If i was you i would learn to tune it yourself, it isn't hard, once you have a base map its just a matter of fine tuning the fuel and ignition.

As adam said be very carefull of a certain business as they love to try charge you for work that was never supposed to charge for, or charge exorbatant prices because they believe they control the market because most ppl with hondata think that they have to have a tune by the company they bought the ecu from. My tune was supposed to be "touched up" however a certain tuner decided to retune my car completely and then try to charge me $650 for doing so, and in retuning my car i lost 10kw at the wheels.

I personally will be getting someone else to retune my car in the near future, possibly evatec or vincent if they are willing to help me out Once i have a decent base map i will play with the tune myself to optimise it...
                Last edited by GoldCoastDC5R; 24-11-06, 09:16 PM.
                NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Thanks for the info guys,
                  Going to try Adrain at Toda.

Comment

Only sure for K-pro. I paid $150 retune with power fc.

Comment

Working...
                    X