4x100 to 4x114.3 Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x100 to 4x114.3 Conversion

Hey, I have a 1994 VTI-R with the 4x100 stud pattern. Is the conversion for the 4x114.3 a direct bolt on if I have all the conversion bits? Also, is there a DIY for this somewhere? I just wanna see how hard of a job it is, or easy a job (hopefully) thanks dudesss

Someone?

Comment

Originally posted by MACDOG View Post
      Someone?
      Gee man some people sleep at night, give it a moment .

Yes it will be direct bolt on if you have all the bits. At the front you need: hubs/knuckles, rotor, calipers, and brake lines (wouldn't hurt not sure if they are the same). Process at the front is pretty simple, loosen the hub nut before you raise the car up and remove the wheel, remove the brake line, remove the caliper and rotor, remove the castle nuts from the upper, lower and tie rod end ball joints and pop them out of the knuckle with a ball joint puller. Install the new knuckle/rotor/caliper in the same way.

At the rear you will just have to swap the rear trailing arm complete with caliper etc, so disconnect the handbrake cable, the brake line, the upper and lower control arms, the two bolts at the main trailing arm bush and the toe control arm. Put the new trailing arm in reverse order of removal.

Get a wheel alignment and you are done. I helped out a friend with this swap a few years ago, it took less than half a day with installing adjustable upper control arms and a few other things. Be aware that you will lose ABS because the '96 Spec Type R didn't have it as standard (was it optional? I have no idea) so there is no provision for the sensors on the knuckle at the front, and the rear hubs have no abs rings on them.

Comment

Thanks for that dude, appreciate it - excuse the 'Someone? ' - I have a day off today due to HSC trials, so I thought I'de learn as much about something rather than school today, haha! D:

Is there a way the ABS can be added?

Comment

Originally posted by MACDOG View Post
          Is there a way the ABS can be added?
          You can see if you can find the 4x114.3 conversion off a car that was optioned with ABS I guess, if they exist. That should have provision for the ABS sensors and I would bet they use the same sensors etc. as the Australian model VTiR. Other than that I guess there may be some way to fit the 4x114.3 hub and wheel bearing to the VTiR knuckle, but that is about where my knowledge ends.

Comment

Thanks for that, so far your knowledge has been awesome ^^ - I'll continue on my research, thanks for the help man

Comment

In regards to the ABS issue, he said if I drill two holes somewhere, you can put the abs lines in, he said he would show me when we meet up, does that sound like it would work?

Comment

Working...
              X