Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R or DC5S, that is the question

Howdy all,

Well after selling my GTT and missing my DC5R since i sold it over a year ago i am thinking of coming back to Honda.

I may go back to the DC5R although the DC5S is being considered also since it is slightly face lifted (looking a bit more modern). I love the recaro's in the R but the leather has its perks also. I am not much of a tracker - never went when i owned my last R (only as a spectator) and i guess i like the fact of having a sun roof. Modability there is no real difference although is it much of a concern that the S doesnt have LSD and is slightly heavier?

Im kind of torn. Your thoughts fellas and gals what you say will be very much considered.

I put this in the for sale section as if there are is anyone with an NB/CW DC5R or NB/PW DC5S then please let me know.

Regards
    Justin

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hard to answer. From what you mention type s is better for you. but there are price differences keep that in mind. for a daily id go for a type-s i believe.

Comment

Type-S if you don't decide to track it...screw LSD!

Comment

Actually a nice 01 Championship White DC5R with 62k kms, cruise, alarm, tinted windows, mats and 17" rims is more suited to you....

oh now that I mention it I have exactly one like that for sale

PM sent
        Last edited by FunkyR; 22-11-06, 09:45 AM.
        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
        http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Gerard - PM replied. So so tempting! cruise control aye!

hmm, with my use i think the S is the better choice although i am very partial to the R's - especially with JDM rims - i had those before on the AB DC5R. The only thing that makes me want an S is that it has a sunroof. I am definitely leaning to the R though.

Thanks for the quick replies - anymore views??

Comment

get funkyR's dc5r and do a 05+ face lift conversion?

Comment

excellent suggestion. If you want "god forbid" you can also put in a aftermarket sunroof

Comment

i always thougth by "cutting" a sunroof in, it decreases the ridgity of the chassis?

Altho the Type S doesn't have and LSD, can u install one...? (dam these noob questions.. haha Cuz the type that the DC5R has, its not all that great

Can get the Type S, can get 2nd hand Recaros (from a Jap importer of course)

i like the new dash of the Type S too, oh oh, can can put a Type R wing on the S.

I wonder if Type S's side door trim are the same as the R.. can swap with the matching colours.. oh wow, kinda like a new transformation project.. hehe

Comment

If this thread is about what car you should get then it should be moved.
                  happyhong says:
                  aus only have 3 r
                  happyhong says:
                  civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

once it becoems a WTB question, it will be moved, but this is more technical duscussion than anything?

or louge?
                    ... retired/

Comment

understood Tink - thanks for moving.

i just want to get the R or S really and not spend too much money on cosmetics.

Comment

S definitely costs more and as people have noted, you could just get the DC5R recaros for the S if you really want...they don't cost that much...

Comment

let me pose this question then - please respond whether you would go a DC5 Type S or Type R if they were the same price. Also why.

Comment

for the same price I'd take the S coz its a newer car and a better daily driver.

however in your situation I'd gladly choose the R and spend a lil more on modding it to suit ur taste
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

same price, no track, i would get type S, newer, no trouble with ppl stealing your recaros, stock mp3 player
                              Last edited by noodleman; 22-11-06, 12:24 PM.

z10 says:
                              i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                              z10 says:
                              mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Working...
                              X