Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange sound when Accelerating DC5R

Hi all,

Actually I've be floating around ClubITR and clubrsx forums for about a year but really had any input. I find at times there is very informative information.

I own a DC5R. Very enjoyable car to drive when there is no traffic!

Anyways, lately I've been hearing some strange noises coming from the front end of the vehicle on both sides. When I am accelerating and putting out about 4000rpm there is sound, it sounds like whipping or whirring-swishing noise, as though it struggling. The noise is very noticable powering out of a long curve. Intially I thought it might have been to lose of traction from my tyres, Bridgestone S03. They don't have much tread left. Could that be the cause?

What do you guys think it is?

Anthony38x

does the noise happen when your slowly accelerating past 4000 rpm, or only when you nail it? if its only when nailing it it could be tyres but i wouldnt think so unless you have a pretty mean car

Comment

LSD maybe?

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

With heavy acceleration the sound become more noticeable. But even with lighter stab at the throttle the sound is still there, just not as loud.

LSD??.... Sounds serious! more information would be useful.

Comment

Is this only at 4k?

I know i have been getting a rattling sound which "apparently" comes from my head shield (since i changed headers) and this sound only occurs when its wet or when I'm at ~ 3.5 - 4k.

When did this start happening?

Comment

Thisthreadisworthlesswithoutsoundrecordings!!!!

LOL
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

can you discribe more on the sound...i mean wth is a whipping sound?

z10 says:
              i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
              z10 says:
              mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                can you discribe more on the sound...i mean wth is a whipping sound?

It's really hard to descirbe.

Um....like I said before when i am accelerating especially pinging it down I hear slapping sounds on the pavement. Intially I thought it would have the bald tyres I have, but thats really strange.
                My vehicle is completely stock.

My car is due for service tomorrow at Hanny's, I'll get them to have a look at it.

Comment

checked engine mounts?

z10 says:
                  i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                  z10 says:
                  mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                    checked engine mounts?
                    Could cracked engine mounts make noise?

My knowledge about cars is very limited....I really only know how to drive one. Everything else I left to pros.
                    Maybe I should start learning about the techical side of of things?

Well I'm going to hanny's tomorrow. Hopefullly they are helpful enough to find what's the problem.

Comment

Hi Guys...

I went to Hanny's late last week and he said it was because my tyre pressure was too high and that my tyres were bald. I sounds was eliminated slightly when robert took it for a spin.

Today I changed my tyres and still under heavy acceleration the sounds is still there. The sound seems to be coming from underneath the front of the car, near the tyres.

Does anyone have any idea? Anyone encountered this problem before?
                      Or anyone can reccomend someone to have a look at it?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I would of said maybe it could be flatspots on your tires but now that you have new tires.. it can't be it.. It must be one of those "OLS"
                        On Location situations.

Don't know if anyone can help you unless they are there.

Comment

Working...
                        X