Car smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car smoke

Just got my car back from smash repairer today.. Now its blowing alot of white smoke.. Im aware that means in burning oil.. What leg do i have to stand on accusing the smash repairing of fuc king the car.. I no it wasn't like this before.. And its surly fucked now!! I had taking the car back to them several time as there work was always shit... So i no it was intentional.. Any suggestion would help.. Thanks
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Why would you take the car back there if worksmanship was poor? What damage occurred on the car? If it just came back, it may just be excess water in the exhaust due to the car just sitting there and the cold weather. Check your oil levels and let the car get warm.

Edit: Smell the exhaust smoke and see if it smells like burnt oil as well.
    Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
    Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
    Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

oil smoke is blue.

if you now have a whole lot of white smoke coming out of the exhaust that suggests these bastards have blown the headgasket and water is getting into the combustion chamber.

how bad is it? get a video of it. if it's the headgasket you might want to consider taking them to court because god knows what they did to blow it. could have overheated the thing badly and warped your heads too.
      00-0138 ITR

Comment

Let all the excess water leave the exhaust first lol. Only way you'd blow the gasket is allow the thing to overheat by not having water in the radiator or having a leak.

Judging by past posts, his knowledge of cars isn't the best so take it for a decent drive for the car to evaporate remaining water, then make a judgement.

Comment

Yeah also if the headgaskets blown, green shit sprays out of the exhaust sometimes, which could be coolant im guessing? white smoke dosent always blow out but, white smoke could also mean screwed engine, i also agree with the guy above, cold weather will make alot of white smoke come out, something to do with water becoming steam. if the engines stuffed what you do is turn it on for a couple mins then slowly remove the oil cap, if any smoke comes out at all, even a tiny bit youre engines screwed, for headgasket you can also check under the oil cap for like cream coloured shit. Another suggestion is take it to a mechanic, they have this thing that they put blue liquid in and place it on the radiator and if it turns green youre headgaskets gone. Thats probably the easiest way to find out =p. GUDLUCK

Comment

I agree with all above. There is probably nothing wrong with your car, check all the fluid levels, drive it a bit more, check them again.

Comment

Check the under radiator cap when its running for bubbles,, been told if bubbles the head gasket fucked.. Nothing wrong.. check under oil cap for smoke.. Nothing.. Also no residue under the cap!!! Still white smoking even when hot.. radiator fluid seems fine and clean.. Oil seems abit low... Still within the 2 dots....
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

If within the two dots it should be fine. You should actually drive and load the car in order to get the temperature of exhaust gases high enough to evaporate what water is left. There's probably a lot of standing water.

Comment

Spoke to Mr mechanic down the road.. He recommends change the oil.. And it should stop.... They were both looking at my car scratching there head's... So on Monday going to honda!!
                  sigpic

Comment

well mate, lol what fuel did you use? i know alot of situations where people have putten e10 in and the gaskets went or its caused some other problems, could it be the fuel?

Comment

Na 98 octane all the time.. Unless the smash repair put a little in as i dropped it off on empty!!! So if they went on a joy ride. They would have had 2!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Na 98 octane all the time.. Unless the smash repair put a little in as i dropped it off on empty!!! So if they went on a joy ride. They would have had 2!!
                        Always take a photo on your phone of your kms to make sure they haven't driven it excessively before dropping it off with untrusted people..

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by justinfox
                        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

MM yer... they could also just rev the fuck out of it in neutral!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            MM yer... they could also just rev the fuck out of it in neutral!!
                            I love trades people. Especially ones i'm forced to leave my car with.. NOT...

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Yer im in a trade.. I no how fucked people can be!! I changed the oil... It seemed to stop.. The mechanic said because it was stationery for such a long time.. Only started for a minute to be moved the oil has thinned or split or something.. Will be taking for a full drive tomorrow!!! Wish me luck!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X